Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 There IS a War on Christianity 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yeah, it's nutcase Nance again...

Mon Apr 10, 2017, 09:44 PM
    NanceGreggs (22,366 posts)

There IS a War on Christianity [View all]

Yes, there IS a war on Christianity – and it is being waged by alleged Christians on True Christians.

True Christians follow the words of The Nazarene. They believe in sheltering the homeless, feeding the hungry, and caring for the sick and dying – things that alleged Christians have been fighting against for decades.

True Christians don’t waste their breath berating stores for having “Xmas sales”. They’re too busy collecting goods for food banks that ensure no one will be without a holiday meal.

True Christians don’t complain about being wished “Happy Holidays”. They’re more concerned with collecting toys for kids whose parents can’t afford gifts for under the tree.

True Christians don’t march on City Hall to have displays recognizing other religious holidays removed from their midst. They are secure in sharing their own faith, and are delighted to see others equally secure sharing in their own.

True Christians don’t tithe their money to so-called “Christian leaders” who live in multi-million-dollar homes built with tax-exempt funds collected from those who can ill afford it – money extorted from seniors on fixed incomes, who often go without themselves in order to contribute to a charlatan’s lavish lifestyle.

Above all else, True Christians do not vote Republican. They do not elect those who continually designate the poor as “lazy moochers”, the hungry as those “trying to game the system”, the sick as beneath contempt, and the homeless as an unsightly blight on their towns and cities.

True Christians vote for Democrats, the people who strive to strengthen the safety nets that accomplish what Jesus taught: caring for the hungry, the sick and the homeless - the very people Republicans wage war on every day, with their alleged “Christian” followers supporting their every move.

With Easter Sunday soon upon us – a time Christians celebrate the Resurrection of Christ and everything his teachings embodied - now would be an opportune time for True Christians to come to the aid of their Saviour. Now would be the perfect moment for alleged Christians to be identified as who they truly are - people who have completely abandoned The Nazarene and everything he symbolized, people who vote for those who stand against His teachings, people who see Christian faith as yet another money-making opportunity.

It is the perfect moment for True Christians to stand up for what they believe in, and to fight back against those who hide their prejudices, their xenophobia, and their homophobia behind the label of Christianity. It is the perfect time for True Christians to stand their ground, and defy those who have twisted their religion into something it was never meant to be.

The Republican party epitomizes everything that is anti-Christ. And those who support that party are equally anti-Christ.

It’s time for the True Christians to say so – loud and clear.
    So if you're a Christian Republican, you're the anti-Christ...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Too stupid.
    Life is hard (D)Ummies. It's even harder when you're stupid.
    -paraphasing John Wayne

I stopped reading after the first line :

Yes, there IS a war on Christianity – and it is being waged by alleged Christians on True Christians.
    Doubt that I missed much!

American By Choice ~ 1980

Another dipshit post about Christians, from a dipshit that hasn't cracked a Bible...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I don't think there's a literal war on Christianity in this country at this time. But there is one in Egypt and other Muslim nations. They should not throw that term down as lightly as they do.

Enough straw men to create a corn maze.

True Christians follow the words of The Nazarene. They believe in sheltering the homeless, feeding the hungry, and caring for the sick and dying ...
    You mean like City Team Ministries, http://&#91;b]https://www.samaritanspurs...39;s Purse</b>, and the Salvation Army (to name a very few)? They were created by your alleged Christians.

True Christians don’t waste their breath berating stores for having “Xmas sales”. They’re too busy collecting goods for food banks that ensure no one will be without a holiday meal.

True Christians don’t complain about being wished “Happy Holidays”. They’re more concerned with collecting toys for kids whose parents can’t afford gifts for under the tree.
    You mean like City Team does? You mean like Samaritan's Purse's Operation Christmas Child? Like the many food banks based in Evangelical churches (more alleged Christians) do? Ever heard of Prison Fellowship's Angel Tree.

True Christians don’t march on City Hall to have displays recognizing other religious holidays removed from their midst.
    Ummmmmm ... Nance, dear ........... if you want to talk about people trying to remove religion from public places, start in your own "backyard", Barry Lynn's people (ETA) and the Freedom From Religion Foundation people.

True Christians don’t tithe their money to so-called “Christian leaders” who live in multi-million-dollar homes ...
    Were there any honest people on DU who waded far enough into NG's rant to read that, they would have called out the stupidity of that stereotype. For every Joel Osteen (referring only to the value of his home; unlike NG, I don't pretend to know the source of its financing), there are thousands of alleged Christian pastors who live in very ordinary homes and apartments.

Above all else, True Christians do not vote Republican.
    Wow! Jesus carries a D Party membership card? I didn't know that. One could build a whole corn maze lane with the have-you-stopped-beating-your-wife-grade straw men is this section of NG's rant.

True Christians vote for Democrats ...
    The party that ran for POTUS the most corrupt major party candidate ever to run for that office? The party that supports black-on-white racism? The party that supports voting by non-citizens? The party that supports and enables attacks on law enforcement people when they do their job properly? NG's D-Party slate-voting True Christians have very strange ethics.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah ........
    Nance, dear, try setting foot in an Evangelical church (how many years has it been? decades??? EVER?). Try spending a year watching them without conclusion-jumping; try listening instead of nitpicking. You'll learn two things: we are flawed people (Duh!); we are very different and far more complex then your silly stereotypes.
    Last edited by SVPete; 04-12-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I don't care for the religious right's trying to say who a real Christian is. Why would I care for the religious left's?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I don't care for the religious right's trying to say who a real Christian is. Why would I care for the religious left's?
    If defining "real Christian" is based on the NT - all of it, not just buffet-style favorite verses - I don't much care about the definers' political views (in that context).

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't think there's a literal war on Christianity in this country at this time. But there is one in Egypt and other Muslim nations. They should not throw that term down as lightly as they do.
    Hyperbole in metaphor can get excessive, and even dishonest (e.g. a lot of the current Hate-Trump hysteria). OTOH, literalizing obvious metaphor isn't the most honest tack, either.

Using a too real situation, I have a question. Pro-Abortion politicians have tried, multiple time, to force on Pro-Life medical students - most of them Christians, obviously - the requirement of having done abortions before they can qualify to practice medicine. It's not the only profession where religious views have been used to exclude or limit Christians in those professions. Granted that this is not a "war" on Christians, what would you call it, nw?

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post

Using a too real situation, I have a question. Pro-Abortion politicians have tried, multiple time, to force on Pro-Life medical students - most of them Christians, obviously - the requirement of having done abortions before they can qualify to practice medicine. It's not the only profession where religious views have been used to exclude or limit Christians in those professions. Granted that this is not a "war" on Christians, what would you call it, nw?

I have not heard of a case yet in which a doctor was required to have done abortions before they are licensed to practice medicine. There are lots of OBGYNs who don't perform abortions. Spectrum Medical in GR is owned by the DeVos family (as in Education Secretary DeVos) and they offer all OBGYN services except abortion. Spectrum is the largest hospital system in West Michigan.

I have heard that med schools require prospective doctors to know how to perform one. The applications are not just for voluntary abortions, the same procedures are used to remove a non-viable fetus, or the remains after a miscarriage. A D & C procedure is also used to remove clots and fibroid tumors.