1. #1 How do you force Republicans to take ownership of Donald Trump presidency? 
    link

kentuck (79,777 posts)

How do you force Republicans to take ownership of Donald Trump presidency?

After all, he would not be President today if they had not voted for him, whether or not Russia interfered in the election.

Mitch McConnell and the leaders in the GOP pretend he is some sort of alien that came into power against their wishes. They want their beautiful chocolate cake and eat it too.

They want to be able to say they disagree with him on political tough decisions but they want to share in the glory when they think he does something politically popular. They suffer no consequences for their support of the insufferable idiot.

How can Democrats tie them to Donald Trump so tightly that not even Harry Houdini could escape the grasp?
    LOL. Democrats time would be better spent on looking at how tightly THEY are tied to Obama. Since Obama was elected Democrats have lost 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats, 12 governors, and over 900 state legislature seats and the Presidency.

duncang (1,369 posts)

2. They are a match made in hell

Everything the repub's have wanted they got. Every bill they sent his way was signed immediately. Some with fanfare some in the back room. But they see eye to eye. Even though he is the prez. the leadership has happily done everything he asked. They have covered for him. They haven't questioned his sanity, but reviled in it. They are trump.
    meow2u3 (21,070 posts)

3. Tell the public that the GOP sold out to Trump

by refusing to stand up to him--especially those who call themselves Christians while they scheme to strip the people of their basic rights. Paint them as the despicable, greedy, spineless cowards they are because conservatives HATE being labeled cowards.
    Thereby showcasing your hatred for those who do not agree with you? How has that worked the past 4 years?
    The River (2,151 posts)

4. Always Refer to Him

as your Republican President.

Place the ownership and label where it belongs....on the Republicans and their voters.
    LOL.

kentuck (79,777 posts)

After all, he would not be President today if they had not voted for him, whether or not Russia interfered in the election.
    If any DU-member chances to see this, let kt know that I voted for Trump. And am even happier about that vote now than I was then. Let Warpy know, too, since she was convinced R voters would be hiding how they voted.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    kentuck (79,777 posts)

Thanks
    May the FORCE be with you!

Rather awkward title there, but is a kentuck thread. That's a major breakthrough by his standards, realizing that people voting for Trump is why Trump won. Kentuck is slow.

DUers are correct about this.

If Republicans had just rigged the primaries in favor of a particular candidate like their side did, we wouldn't have Trump right now.

I don't know too many republicans who are ashamed that they voted for Trump.

My sister and I have an ongoing argument as to who we think Grandpa would have voted for. I said he might not have voted for Trump in the primary (he would have probably voted for Cruz), but he would have in the general. My sister says that Grandpa would never have brought himself to vote for Trump, and that he liked Hillary. I said, no, he only liked Hillary when compared to Obama, he would not have voted for her and he would have liked Trump. I told her that she was deceiving herself into thinking that Grandpa was someone he wasn't.

LOL.

kentuck (79,777 posts)

I proudly voted for Trump and take full ownership of his Presidency. What are you going to do about it, bitch?
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teresa margaret View Post
    Rather awkward title there, but is a kentuck thread. That's a major breakthrough by his standards, realizing that people voting for Trump is why Trump won. Kentuck is slow.
    Not as many question marks as he usually does.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know too many republicans who are ashamed that they voted for Trump.

My sister and I have an ongoing argument as to who we think Grandpa would have voted for. I said he might not have voted for Trump in the primary (he would have probably voted for Cruz), but he would have in the general. My sister says that Grandpa would never have brought himself to vote for Trump, and that he liked Hillary. I said, no, he only liked Hillary when compared to Obama, he would not have voted for her and he would have liked Trump. I told her that she was deceiving herself into thinking that Grandpa was someone he wasn't.

LOL.
    It is a media creation and narrative, Lanie. None of the Trump voters that I know have even a scintilla of regret. Most are even more emboldened. Better than the alternative in 2016.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender