Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The Murdoch boys wanted OReilly gone, it's that simple.
    Who do you think will be next on their list?

And what about Jessie Watters? I'm wondering if he'll keep his show on Saturday. Most of his work was with O'Reilly.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    The difference there is that Rush has a billion sponsors lined up to fill in the gap should one leave (as a few did on occasion, such as the idiotic "fake soldiers" meme). TV advertising is a bit different from radio advertising. It's considerably more time-consuming to rush a TV advertiser in to fill a spot than it is a radio advertiser. So, FNC was apparently feeling some actual pain (not a lot, I'm guessing, but some) with this.

Above and beyond this, though, is a genuine question of right and wrong here. If O'Reilly is genuinely guilty of even half of what he's been accused of, then it's pretty hypocritical to turn a blind eye to that while excoriating folks like Weiner and Clinton for the same thing, though often worse. There is an expected way to comport oneself in a professional setting, and it certainly appears that O'Reilly somehow couldn't manage to stand up to that standard. And if that's the case, then he needs to be gone because he's a liability, not to mention toxic to the workplace. If I were Bill O's boss, and I had a heap of complaints from co-workers, then I would have fired him no matter how much revenue he brought in. FNC has a pretty deep talent pool, and Carlson filling O'Reilly's spot probably ultimately means even more valuable advertising, since Carlson's ratings are through the roof.
    So, propositioning a woman or even promising something in exchange for sex is the same as texting your junk with your toddler lying next to you or actually raping someone? There's a huge difference from being a lech and being a pervert or rapist. That's like saying that there is no moral difference between a shoplifter and a murderer. What O'Reilly is accused of is what once was considered simply hitting on someone while what Weiner and Clinton did was outright perversion and a punishable crime unless you don't think rape or groping a woman is all that bad. O'Reilly never touched anyone.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So, propositioning a woman or even promising something in exchange for sex is the same as texting your junk with your toddler lying next to you or actually raping someone? There's a huge difference from being a lech and being a pervert or rapist. That's like saying that there is no moral difference between a shoplifter and a murderer. What O'Reilly is accused of is what once was considered simply hitting on someone while what Weiner and Clinton did was outright perversion and a punishable crime unless you don't think rape or groping a woman is all that bad. O'Reilly never touched anyone.
    You must be a huge O'Reilly fan because that's completely messed up.

Wiener took a pic of his boner (Real or not) inside his pants while his kid was sleeping near him, it was pretty gross and inappropriate but nothing worse. What O'Reilly did was basically extortion or at the very least solicitation for prostitution. Think about how you'd feel if your sister or wife was working somewhere and her boss said "If you want to keep working here, we're gonna do it" (Extortion) or "If you really want to get a leg up in getting ahead here, sleep with me" (Solicitation)...or think about how you'd feel if he said it to one of her female co-workers, that one took the offer, and then got promoted over your wife or sister.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

And what about Jessie Watters? I'm wondering if he'll keep his show on Saturday. Most of his work was with O'Reilly.
    Possibly Hannity.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

I think there's in-the-neighborhood of a 50% chance that either Hannity, Watters, and people fired by FOX move over to OneAmerica. To join Graham Ledger and Liz Wheeler in primetime.

Ledger is the old O'Reilly in fire-and-substance, and Wheeler is what Megyn Kelly was supposed to be.

I don't have an opinion of the NewsMax network yet. They seem to have a lot of documentaries instead of news.