Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1 Dear Bill O'Reilly fans: 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    4,413
    link

    Cyrano (9,853 posts)

    Dear Bill O'Reilly fans:

    Your lives just improved.

    I know you won't believe this, and that you'll call me a leftwingliberalnortheastestablishmentivyleaguecomm iejewfag, however, O'Reilly's absence removes one source that poisons your brain.

    Don't bother to thank me now for making you aware of this. Please recover completely. You'll thank me later.

    On edit: Read that long thing in the second paragraph slowly. It's what "they" call us without taking a breath to separate the words.
    Dear, dear Cyano,

    Yes I know you have been brainwashed in cult like fashion to believe that anyone who doesn't think like you is wrong, the enemy, vile, evil, deranged, etc. However, it is YOUR brain that is poisoned. And in true cult like fashion liberals/Democrats cannot win in the area of open public debate so they do everything they can to make sure their brainwashed followers don't hear other viewpoints that they claim are wrong, evil, bad, etc. Liberals traffic in cult tactics on a daily basis.

    Not liking Obama's policies is.................racism. (so shut up, you racist)
    Not liking Hillary's policies and her corruption is ...... misogynist (so shut up, you woman hater)
    Believing our immigration laws should be followed ............. is anti immigrant, hate
    Global warming, climate change, etc is "settled science" even though it is nothing but a theory with many holes that necessitates lying about and manipulating the data to claim it is "true".

    Conservative beliefs are conveniently considered "hate speech" and conservative speakers are said to be "haters" and so are shouted down. Liberals endorse and participate in riots and violence to shut them down so that those who want to hear them cannot.

    political correctness, 'microaggressions', fake "hate crimes"........ the list goes on and on. CULT TACTICS all.

    Because liberals cannot "win" any other way.

    Sure, O'Reilly won't be on FOX NEWS. But he'll be somewhere else, and if he isn't, there are many places and many ways to hear and read about conservatives politics. So I wouldn't crow too much.

    And no we have no interest in being a part of your 'cult'. We hear both conservative and liberal ideology every day, and we have decided that what we believe based on hearing both, unlike many, many liberals.

    But really, your letter to us was..............cute, even if it was arrogant, smug and delusional.

    Carol
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Dan D. Doty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pevely, Missouri
    Posts
    5,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link



    Dear, dear Cyano,

    Yes I know you have been brainwashed in cult like fashion to believe that anyone who doesn't think like you is wrong, the enemy, vile, evil, deranged, etc. However, it is YOUR brain that is poisoned. And in true cult like fashion liberals/Democrats cannot win in the area of open public debate so they do everything they can to make sure their brainwashed followers don't hear other viewpoints that they claim are wrong, evil, bad, etc. Liberals traffic in cult tactics on a daily basis.

    Not liking Obama's policies is.................racism. (so shut up, you racist)
    Not liking Hillary's policies and her corruption is ...... misogynist (so shut up, you woman hater)
    Believing our immigration laws should be followed ............. is anti immigrant, hate
    Global warming, climate change, etc is "settled science" even though it is nothing but a theory with many holes that necessitates lying about and manipulating the data to claim it is "true".

    Conservative beliefs are conveniently considered "hate speech" and conservative speakers are said to be "haters" and so are shouted down. Liberals endorse and participate in riots and violence to shut them down so that those who want to hear them cannot.

    political correctness, 'microaggressions', fake "hate crimes"........ the list goes on and on. CULT TACTICS all.

    Because liberals cannot "win" any other way.

    Sure, O'Reilly won't be on FOX NEWS. But he'll be somewhere else, and if he isn't, there are many places and many ways to hear and read about conservatives politics. So I wouldn't crow too much.

    And no we have no interest in being a part of your 'cult'. We hear both conservative and liberal ideology every day, and we have decided that what we believe based on hearing both, unlike many, many liberals.

    But really, your letter to us was..............cute, even if it was arrogant, smug and delusional.

    Carol

    CU's Paranormal Expert.


    Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    19,698
    Funny how these are the same people who hold Bill Clinton up as a god.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern Nevada
    Posts
    25,803
    O'Reilly not only had a huge television audience he also had several best selling books.

    He will be just fine & DU will still just be DU.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    MO & FL
    Posts
    43,652
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    O'Reilly not only had a huge television audience he also had several best selling books.

    He will be just fine & DU will still just be DU.
    And I believe he has a $20 million a year with Fox, a multi year contract that had been just signed. Murdoch's sons must have liberal mush for brains---and no guts. O'Reilly was #1 in ratings, brought lots of money to the network. The boycott of sponsors products had been pulled on Rush, but they stuck it out and Rush is still there. It was ridiculous for Fox to cave. It wasn't good business sense and sets a frightening precedent.

    If the Media Matters or MoveOn bunch of snowflakes keeps pulling these power plays, turnabout is fair play. Boycotts by the conservatives probably would be even more effective; as a whole they probably have more buying power. Many of the snowflakes are still living in their parents basements and are busy rioting. The Hollywood types can buy only so much in the way of products and probably not what's hawked on television.

    Fox and the others who cave in to the oppressors should talk to regular people with common sense and maybe they wouldn't blow so much revenue.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    And I believe he has a $20 million a year with Fox, a multi year contract that had been just signed. Murdoch's sons must have liberal mush for brains---and no guts. O'Reilly was #1 in ratings, brought lots of money to the network. The boycott of sponsors products had been pulled on Rush, but they stuck it out and Rush is still there. It was ridiculous for Fox to cave. It wasn't good business sense and sets a frightening precedent.

    If the Media Matters or MoveOn bunch of snowflakes keeps pulling these power plays, turnabout is fair play. Boycotts by the conservatives probably would be even more effective; as a whole they probably have more buying power. Many of the snowflakes are still living in their parents basements and are busy rioting. The Hollywood types can buy only so much in the way of products and probably not what's hawked on television.

    Fox and the others who cave in to the oppressors should talk to regular people with common sense and maybe they wouldn't blow so much revenue.
    The difference there is that Rush has a billion sponsors lined up to fill in the gap should one leave (as a few did on occasion, such as the idiotic "fake soldiers" meme). TV advertising is a bit different from radio advertising. It's considerably more time-consuming to rush a TV advertiser in to fill a spot than it is a radio advertiser. So, FNC was apparently feeling some actual pain (not a lot, I'm guessing, but some) with this.

    Above and beyond this, though, is a genuine question of right and wrong here. If O'Reilly is genuinely guilty of even half of what he's been accused of, then it's pretty hypocritical to turn a blind eye to that while excoriating folks like Weiner and Clinton for the same thing, though often worse. There is an expected way to comport oneself in a professional setting, and it certainly appears that O'Reilly somehow couldn't manage to stand up to that standard. And if that's the case, then he needs to be gone because he's a liability, not to mention toxic to the workplace. If I were Bill O's boss, and I had a heap of complaints from co-workers, then I would have fired him no matter how much revenue he brought in. FNC has a pretty deep talent pool, and Carlson filling O'Reilly's spot probably ultimately means even more valuable advertising, since Carlson's ratings are through the roof.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Dan D. Doty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pevely, Missouri
    Posts
    5,248
    This all just points out what the Left does.

    They can't debate their way out of wet paper bag , so they put all their energy into shutting others up.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.


    Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member 98ZJUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tunnel Hill, IL
    Posts
    960
    Cyrano (9,853 posts)

    Dear Bill O'Reilly fans:

    Your lives just improved.

    I know you won't believe this, and that you'll call me a leftwingliberalnortheastestablishmentivyleaguecomm iejewfag, however, O'Reilly's absence removes one source that poisons your brain.

    Don't bother to thank me now for making you aware of this. Please recover completely. You'll thank me later.
    Haven't watched Ted Baxter or FoxNews in almost 12 years.
    Life is hard (D)Ummies. It's even harder when you're stupid.
    -paraphasing John Wayne
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member SVPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    6,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    The difference there is that Rush has a billion sponsors lined up to fill in the gap should one leave (as a few did on occasion, such as the idiotic "fake soldiers" meme). TV advertising is a bit different from radio advertising. It's considerably more time-consuming to rush a TV advertiser in to fill a spot than it is a radio advertiser. So, FNC was apparently feeling some actual pain (not a lot, I'm guessing, but some) with this.

    Above and beyond this, though, is a genuine question of right and wrong here. If O'Reilly is genuinely guilty of even half of what he's been accused of, then it's pretty hypocritical to turn a blind eye to that while excoriating folks like Weiner and Clinton for the same thing, though often worse. There is an expected way to comport oneself in a professional setting, and it certainly appears that O'Reilly somehow couldn't manage to stand up to that standard. And if that's the case, then he needs to be gone because he's a liability, not to mention toxic to the workplace. If I were Bill O's boss, and I had a heap of complaints from co-workers, then I would have fired him no matter how much revenue he brought in. FNC has a pretty deep talent pool, and Carlson filling O'Reilly's spot probably ultimately means even more valuable advertising, since Carlson's ratings are through the roof.
    This article speaks to the O'R vs. Rush contrast:

    Here’s why Rush survived pressure on advertisers while O’Reilly didn’t
    Posted by William A. Jacobson
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 9:50pm
    1. Conduct (O’Reilly) versus Words (Limbaugh)

    Conduct was at issue with O’Reilly. Multiple alleged instances over a long period of time involving demands for sexual favors in return for career advancement (or threats to damage careers) simply is more abhorrent than saying mean things to someone who testified on Capitol Hill about a political issue. Though O’Reilly never was proven to have engaged in the conduct, the notion of multiple high figure settlements worked against any presumption of innocence, even though lawsuits are settled all the time even if the accusations are not true. That O’Reilly never publicly and forcefully defended himself created the impression that there was a there there.
    ...
    3. Centralized (O’Reilly) versus Dispersed Advertising (Limbaugh)

    There was a relatively small stable of advertisers on O’Reilly, since it was just a one hour show on a single network. The advertiser base presented a relatively well defined target. With Limbaugh, by contrast, he was on hundreds of local radio stations, and a high percentage of the advertising was local. So the anti-Limbaugh forces had thousands of advertisers to deal with, from national brands to the local tire store. While Limbaugh’s national advertisers were targeted, they were less of a factor than the attacks on O’Reilly advertisers.
    I think #3 was a big factor. With O'R the attackers could focus very narrowly. Rush's business model - how he sells his show - makes for there being thousands of sponsors of his show. And makes sponsors part of his revenue, not all of it.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

    BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

    Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    51,658
    The Murdoch boys wanted OReilly gone, it's that simple.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •