1. #1 Black College Student, Friend Charged With Hate Crime For Burning Trump Sign 
    link

DonViejo (25,968 posts) Black College Student, Friend Charged With Hate Crime For Burning Trump Sign

Source: Talking Points Memo

By ALLEGRA KIRKLAND Published APRIL 20, 2017 1:01 PM

Like most states, Maryland’s hate crime statutes protect against discrimination based on race, color, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, disability and national origin. A local police officer recently took it upon himself to add another category to that list of protected classes: Trump voters.

D’Asia Perry and Joy Shuford, 19-year-old friends, were charged Tuesday with a slew of crimes including second-degree arson, trespassing, and committing a hate crime for setting fire to a large Donald Trump billboard displayed near a family sporting goods store run.

In the charging documents, Princess Anne Police Sgt. Robert Smith laid out his justification for the hate crime charge: “The intentional burning of these political signs, along with the beliefs, religious views and race of this political affiliation, directly coincides with the victim.”

Smith’s explanation suggests that those who share the sporting goods store owner Robert Wink’s “political affiliation” as a Trump-voting Republican all have the same “beliefs, religious views and race.” Wink is white, and Perry and Shuford are black.

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckrak...ing-trump-sign
    Knowing the way things go I doubt this will stand - the hate crime part of it. It should considering much of the hate liberals spew about Republicans is that they are the "party of the white man" and their hostility toward Conservative Christians who are mostly Republicans. I don't agree in principle with "hate crime" laws, however if it is going to be a law then it needs to be enforced uniformly. Start arresting Black people and liberals for it and the law will die a quick death when they alone cannot use it for political gain.
    no_hypocrisy (28,358 posts)

4. Criminal mischief maximum, but not a

Hate crime.
    4139 (1,017 posts)

7. Next it will be Terrorism.... I'm not joking

Jeff Sessions would do it
    What was the object of setting fire to a Donald Trump billboard that was put up by a local business?
    Thomas Hurt (344 posts)

10. No one may sass the King!

Bend thy knee and genuflect before King Donald I,
    by divine right of kings, no one may sass him
    harsh words may sting the royal ears and feeweeings
    requiring a foot rub and a defenestration.
    The "hate crime" charges weren't for "sassing" Trump, it was for setting fire to a billboard - out of hatred of Trump - AND - the business owners.

oldcynic (233 posts)

17. is Kristalnacht next? n/t
    Ask the billboard burners and their supporters.
    keithbvadu2 (1,927 posts)

19. What about bullseye targets with pictures of Obama and Hillary sold at gun shows?
    Apples and oranges. The hate crime wasn't that they didn't like Trump or had a sign that was unflattering to Trump....................THEY BURNED A BILLBOARD.............BECAUSE IT HAD TRUMP'S PICTURE ON IT. They burned SOME ONE'S property out of their hatred of Trump and Trump supporters.

SunSeeker (23,540 posts)

20. What that Sgt. Smith did to those two men is a hate crime.

Does anyone think the cop would have charged them with a hate crime if they were white?
    sinkingfeeling (33,124 posts)

21. Where were the hate crime charges when white people displayed

hanging Obama?
    Apples and Oranges.

Analytical thinking............as simple as this.............sure is beyond them isn't it? And those that know better have nothing to say.

vkkv (2,368 posts)

24. Aw, poor wingnut SNOWFLAKES !!

Judi Lynn (112,188 posts) 26. No reason to disguise race hatred any longer, with Trump's malignant blessings. n/t
    Liberal mantra: Accusing someone of racism absolves the perpetrator of their guilt and of having to take responsibility for their behavior. Blame the victim or the police.

sinkingfeeling (33,124 posts)

21. Where were the hate crime charges when white people displayed

hanging Obama?
    Right in the same place when Leftists displayed Sarah Palin hanged in effigy, you stupid moonbat.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Maybe when enough Progs get hit by the Hate Crime silliness enough will realize such laws' stupidity and move to have them repealed. Seriously: is a murder victim any more dead if the murderer hated the color of his skin?
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

"
    10. No one may sass the King!

Bend thy knee and genuflect before King Donald I,
    by divine right of kings, no one may sass him
    harsh words may sting the royal ears and feeweeings
    requiring a foot rub and a defenestration."

Replace "Donald" with "Barack," and it perfectly sums up how ultra- liberals, and ESPECIALLY the DUmmies, felt about anyone insulting or criticizing him in any way.