1. #1 Interesting article about Melania... 
    link

DUers remind me of the mentally ill delusional people who hear voices or make up stories about others and 100% believe them, vehemently and sometimes violently insisting that they are 'true'. Those who have a very tenuous hold on reality.

sagetea (906 posts)

Interesting article about Melania...

I can almost feel sorry for her..

So, why not move to the White House?

She’s hiding. She needs to hide so badly that she doesn’t care about anything else. Not her country, not how bad she looks, not the money it costs us. She has no shame because, for her, hiding is shameless. It is safe.
    She lives behind glass, in cars, in her house, on private planes and private resorts. She doesn’t even get out of the car to see landmarks or walk in the park. She is never among the public, not for a second.

Melania Trump is the woman least fit for public service in the entirety of the United States of America. We should expect nothing from her. She’s living inside a dark fairytale, and in fairy tales, the women trapped in towers never save anyone but themselves."

https://medium.com/@kate8/fairytale-prisoner-by-choice-the-photographic-eye-of-melania-trump-f1f7b97fff29
    Thomas Hurt (347 posts)

4. naw, she is Trump's property

IMO, he is a abusive, control freak asshole who thinks he owns his wife.

She isn't hiding. She is being closeted. He doesn't want her out anywhere other when he says to be a accessory.
    Arkansas Granny (19,722 posts)

3. I truly think that she is trying to shield her son from life under public scrutiny.

hamsterjill (8,392 posts)

9. I disagree completely.

My opinion is certainly no more valid than yours as neither of us know for sure, but I have a completely different take.

I don't see her as the doting mother. I see her as pawning Barron off on nannies and butlers. He's a good excuse, but she doesn't want to be bothered by him. I think she likes New York because she likes rich and gawdy. She enjoys the time away from Donald because she finds him repulsive, but she enjoys the money she has because she's married to him.

I cannot see a woman who obviously sold her soul for riches to a man she despises as caring about much of any one or any thing but herself.
    maxsolomon (14,503 posts)

13. a self-centered narcissist is unlikely to be married to another self-centered narcissist

so I think your analysis is overly judgmental. who knows what her relationship with Barron is?

My opinion is that she's depressed, filled with regret over this choice, and feels trapped. When he dies (and he will, and I want to live to see it), she'll follow his casket by the pale afternoon, watch while he's lowered to his deathbed, and stand over his grave till she's sure that he's dead.

She might even piss on his grave. I would.
    snooper2 (28,910 posts)

5. I love how people give her a pass because she is female- Fuck her, she is an asshole
    NightWatcher (31,718 posts)

8. Poor widdle gold digger

I still think she's a Russian honeypot agent.
    maxsolomon (14,503 posts)

10. You're damn straight she's hiding - she's depressed.

She didn't want this job, and getting rick-rolled at the convention was the final straw. She is really not capable of doing anything but going on stage and waving wanly.

I found this analysis to be over-reaching, but there was insight there.
    All that, and in reality they know nothing about her................but they just *know* what she's like.

This got my attention

She’s hiding. She needs to hide so badly that she doesn’t care about anything else. Not her country, not how bad she looks, not the money it costs us. She has no shame because, for her, hiding is shameless. It is safe.
    But aren't libs all for safe places which are nothing more than places to hide so that they don't have to endure opinions and ideas they don't agree with?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Last I heard, the Trumps had announced - months ago - that Melania and Barron would stay in NYC so Barron could stay at the same school rather than change schools mid-year. And they would move to DC and to a different school during the summer.

Have they announced a change of plans? Is low-post count noob "sagetea" ignorant of this? Is low-post count noob "sagetea" dishonest and hoping DU-folk are ignorant of the Trump's announced plans?
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Yeah... Next on the DU-schedule in a couple weeks, are the Melania Thinks She's Queen Of Washington DC-threads.

I think it's incredibly hard to be in the public eye the way First Ladies are.

Melania is not a political wife. Her husband was not a Governor or a Senator first. Most First Ladies have been with their husbands through a career in politics.

Corrected thread title: "How an entire website manages to step on their own crank at the same time"

Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Corrected thread title: "How an entire website manages to step on their own crank at the same time"

She's a lovely woman. Watch, they'll twist this visit into something ugly.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"