Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1 Florida teen commits suicide in front of webcam 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,083
    Yep, it's Florida again...



    MIAMI - A South Florida college student killed himself by overdosing on drugs in front of a live online audience as some computer users egged him on, some debated his method, and others tried to talk him out of it.

    Abraham Biggs, 19, of Pembroke Pines, died Wednesday at his home from a toxic combination of opiates and benzodiazepine, a drug used to treat insomnia and depression, said Wendy Crane, an investigator with the Broward County medical examiner's office.

    Authorities say the Broward Community College student is not the first person to commit suicide with a webcam rolling.

    It's unclear how many people were watching through the Web site bodybuilding.com. Someone finally notified a site moderator, who pinpointed Biggs' location and called police, but they arrived too late to save him, Crane said.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Way to go, Abe! That'll show 'em! Maybe the DU drama queen Underground Panther should take notes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,026
    some debated his method
    I would like to see a transcript of that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I would like to see a transcript of that.
    Seeing as how most suicides are about getting back people they feel wronged them. You can't really top a shotgun to your own head except maybe setting yourself on fire for shock value.

    Excuse my frankness, but my own thoughts on suicide are, good fucking riddance! If someone values his life so little that he ends it himself why should I value it at all. And to those like Underground Panther who constantly contemplate it. Contemplate it all you want but don't tell me about it. Let me learn of it when I read the paper and learn about it. If you can't shut up about it, then do it already.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Seeing as how most suicides are about getting back people they feel wronged them. You can't really top a shotgun to your own head except maybe setting yourself on fire for shock value.

    Excuse my frankness, but my own thoughts on suicide are, good fucking riddance! If someone values his life so little that he ends it himself why should I value it at all. And to those like Underground Panther who constantly contemplate it. Contemplate it all you want but don't tell me about it. Let me learn of it when I read the paper and learn about it. If you can't shut up about it, then do it already.

    That isn't what most suicides are about. As for your own thoughts about suicide... let's just say that they speak to your total ignorance of what pain some people can and can not tolerate. It also speaks volumes about the truly tiny amount of humanity you have in your soul.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 11-21-2008 at 08:47 PM.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    ...
    I'm just curious about what the background conversation looked like on that chat board while the guy in question was getting ready to off himself.

    Were they discussing the merits of speed versus effectiveness? Painful vs. painless? What works and what doesn't? It's not like the guy was deciding on what toothpaste to use. He was getting ready to kill himself and an entire debate was taking place regarding the best way to do it. Quite intriguing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,083
    I would wager a lot of people weren't taking him seriously.
    It's the net for God's sake.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,026
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I would wager a lot of people weren't taking him seriously.
    It's the net for God's sake.
    Wait a second. People lie on the Internet? Does that mean jendf is really a dude?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,305
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Wait a second. People lie on the Internet? Does that mean jendf is really a dude?
    I know. I was shocked when I found out!

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    That isn't what most suicides are about. As for your own thoughts about suicide... let's just say that they speak to your total ignorance of what pain some people can and can not tolerate. It also speaks volumes about the truly tiny amount of humanity you have in your soul.
    It's really a sad sad story, isn't it?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •