1. #1 More troop lovin' at the DUmp. 
    Patent Member
    US soldier refuses to report for active duty in Iraq

sabra (1000+ posts)
    Original message
    US soldier refuses to report for active duty in Iraq Updated at 2:52 AM

Advertisements [?]
    Source: AFP

WASHINGTON (AFP) - A month after US army reservist Matthis Chiroux publicly refused to deploy to Iraq, the former sergeant on Sunday set himself up for possible prosecution by failing to report for active duty with his unit in South Carolina.

"Tonight at midnight, I may face further action from the army for refusing to reactivate to participate in the Iraq occupation," Chiroux told reporters in Washington.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080615...t_080615214802
    Start the troop lovin'!
    pokercat999
    Response to Reply #3
    27. He is lawfully responding to unlawful orders. Those who go

are war criminals fighting an unlawful war. IMHO.
    kineneb (1000+ posts)
    Response to Reply #16
    57. but one has a much better survival chance in jail

then in Iraq...being stuck in the same position, I would probably go to jail.
    Soldiers committing atrocities in Iraq...
    Journalgrrl (464 posts)
    Response to Original message
    13. Dude...reservist means he was expecting a few weekends and some college money...

Not war and illegal occupation and God knows what other atrocities that are going on over there.

I would LOVE to see this on a large scale - to help drive the point home
    AND put impeachment back on the table
    followed by international indictment...

though if there are no soldiers, don't they just hire more mercenaries?
    damn.
    bean fidhlier is a particularly interesting specimen...
    bean fidhleir (1000+ posts)
    33. "armies fight wars"

When did that happen? It used to be that armies existed to PREVENT war: "si vis pacem, para bellum". When did it change, and why?
    Dogtown (515 posts)
    Response to Reply #31
    54. *Our* army is NOT supposed to be

used for wars of conquest. It has been done, of course, but history condemns those who use our army illegally.

This *IS* the 21st century, *Dude*. Our days of pretending to be civilized whilst committing genocide are supposed to be over. Would you bring that back?

If so, perhaps you should enlist and join in the spoils of conquest.

Rule of law applies, and your heroes are criminals.
    truthisfreedom (1000+ posts)
    Response to Original message
    19. The first thing Obama does when he gets in office should be to work toward reinstating the draft.

We need to rebuild our military, and the way its been handled by bush, nobody wants to be in it.
    The hate is strong today.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    US soldier refuses to report for active duty in Iraq

Start the troop lovin'!

Soldiers committing atrocities in Iraq...

bean fidhlier is a particularly interesting specimen...

The hate is strong today.
    The hate is strong but the 'hive mind' is weak !

Could this be a case of "Hey! I signed up to go hang out one weekend a month and get paid for it and now I've got to go to some place where people are shooting at me? No way. This is not fair! I just wanted the money and the uniform. I didn't sign up with the intention of earning them!"

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Sonnabend
    pokercat999
    Response to Reply #3
    27. He is lawfully responding to unlawful orders. Those who go

are war criminals fighting an unlawful war. IMHO.
    The UCMJ says otherwise.

used for wars of conquest. It has been done, of course, but history condemns those who use our army illegally.
    He has been given a LEGAL order to deploy. He has been given a LEGAL order to mobilise.

Failing to do so is disobedience of a direct order.

Tell us moonbats, how many of you have refused to pay taxes to pay for the "Illegal War"? You react with glee when some soldier stands up before he or she gets sent to prison and a BCD to boot, but you pussies do not file a law suite to stop the "illegal war". I mean if it is so cut and dry that you all know this it has to be a slam dunk in court.

Any of you "supporters" of this guy going to step up and pay his bills when he is not hireable because of his BCD? Thought not.

And to Truthisfreedom, you want a draft? you got the balls to go if your number is called, or are you a transgendered citizen that would not qualify? Just what I want in my unit. 25 troops that drop thier rifles and take off when the going gets tough.

I am going to borrow and paraphrase from the Wall Street Journal today. At the end a question.

http://online.wsj.com/article/best_o...web_today.html

To those DUmmies that are hoping that $kinner doesn't catch you reading this fair website, both CU and WSJ, suck on this:

"The following is a passage from a report by the U.S. State Department's Office of International Women's Issues. It was released in March 2003, just before the U.S. and its allies liberated Iraq from Saddam Hussein's regime:"

The Iraqi Government uses rape and sexual assault of women to achieve the following goals: to extract information and forced confessions from detained family members; to intimidate Iraqi oppositionists by sending videotapes showing the rape of female family members; and to blackmail Iraqi men into future cooperation with the regime. Some Iraqi authorities even carry personnel cards identifying their official "activity" as the "violation of women's honor."
    All you DUmmies who believe this to be an illegal war and we never should have gone into Iraq to engage a dictator with ties to AQ, are you really saying you are in favor of a "pro-rape foreign policy"?
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D

Anyone else feel the urge to give these DUmp monkeys a good strong bitch slap? :mad:
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    Anyone else feel the urge to give these DUmp monkeys a good strong bitch slap? :mad:
    Nahhhhhhh. I love watching them throw a tantrum over anything. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
    Tell us moonbats, how many of you have refused to pay taxes to pay for the "Illegal War"? You react with glee when some soldier stands up before he or she gets sent to prison and a BCD to boot, but you pussies do not file a law suite to stop the "illegal war". I mean if it is so cut and dry that you all know this it has to be a slam dunk in court.

Any of you "supporters" of this guy going to step up and pay his bills when he is not hireable because of his BCD? Thought not.

And to Truthisfreedom, you want a draft? you got the balls to go if your number is called, or are you a transgendered citizen that would not qualify? Just what I want in my unit. 25 troops that drop thier rifles and take off when the going gets tough.
    You know that's an excellent point..probably one of the best I've heard. I've heard alot of arguments about soldiers being war criminals because they refuse to serve in Iraq, but if Congress and the President are responsible for this deboggle...so are all the people who pay taxes to support this rogue administration.

The only problem I see is that paying taxes is compulsory and it's not like you can withold paying them yourself.
    Last edited by Molon Labe; 06-17-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The hate is strong but the 'hive mind' is weak !
    Good one :D