DUmmies

Lone_Star_Dem (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-17-08 02:29 PM
Original message
Military judge dismisses charges in Haditha killings
Advertisements [?]Source: Associated Presss

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. A military judge dismissed charges Tuesday against a Marine officer accused of failing to investigate the killings of 24 Iraqis.

Col. Steven Folsom dismissed charges against Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani after finding that a four-star general overseeing the case was improperly influenced by an investigator probing the November 2005 shootings by a Marine squad in Haditha.

"Unlawful command influence is the mortal enemy of military justice," Folsom said. "In order to restore the public confidence, we need to take it back. We need to turn the clock back."

Chessani, of Rangely, Colo., was the highest-ranking officer to face a combat-related court-martial since the Vietnam War.
:D

#1 deleted.

TooBigaTent (663 posts) Tue Jun-17-08 02:42 PM
Response to Original message
2. The cover-up was totally predictable. Justice has died in Amerika, especially for
our uniformed criminals.

If there is no judgement of George and his cronies, can we really expect any for their hired hands?

They sure have restored public confidence, haven't they.
:mad:

surf (20 posts) Tue Jun-17-08 03:07 PM
Response to Original message
5. Ummm maybe they DIDNT do it?
jayfish (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-17-08 03:10 PM
Response to Reply #5
6. Ummmm... Enjoy Your Stay.
Jay
unauno (25 posts) Tue Jun-17-08 03:17 PM
Response to Reply #5
8. Yeah. guess I should enjoy my stay too.
My husband has been a "rape animal" for 19 years now! I was a rape animal for 3 years!
I like DU. The people here are very accepting and seem to care for each other.
Except you aren't allowed to like the military. The military is out killing women and kids.
jayfish (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-17-08 03:22 PM
Response to Reply #8
9. Hyperbolic Bullshit!
Edited on Tue Jun-17-08 03:23 PM by jayfish
The term "rape animal" as used in this context is not a blanket statement against the entirety of US armed forces and you fucking know it. It is aimed at this case group specifically. I like the military just fine thank you. It's rapists and murderers I cannot stand.

Jay
unauno (25 posts) Tue Jun-17-08 03:22 PM
Response to Reply #9
10. Go to Hades.
unauno (25 posts) Tue Jun-17-08 03:25 PM
Response to Reply #9
11. what do you want to bet they'll all be working as cops within a year?
And he smeared cops, too! Double Hades for you!
:)

God, What idiots.