1. #1 NYC Woman Loses Hands, Feet In Hospital 'Mistake' 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s

32-Year-Old Suing Brooklyn Hospital Center For Millions After Gangrene Takes Over Her Body, Attacks Optic

― She was a vibrant young mother who went to a Brooklyn hospital for what she thought was a kidney stone. She wound up leaving without her hands and feet because of what her lawyers call a "medical mistake."

Now, Tabitha Mullings is suing.

The 32-year-old suffered an infection and ended up a quadriplegic with impaired vision.

"Because of this hospital, this emergency room, with back pain and side pain, and she leaves here on a stretcher with no hands and feet and legally blind," said Sanford Rubenstein, Mullings' attorney.

It was on Sept. 14 when Mullings came to the hospital suffering from abdominal pain, and had a kidney stone, and a condition with a known propensity for infection.

But Mullings' lawyers say there was no blood test. She was sent home, and when her fiancé brought her back the next day, an infection was raging. It choked off the blood flow to her extremities. After gangrene set in, her hands turned black, her feet turned black, all four limbs had to be amputated.

"What happened was, the infection attacked not only her hands and feet, but also the optic nerve which is why she went blind in one eye and half blind in the other eye and is now legally blind as well," Rubenstein said

On Friday, Mullings was moved to a rehab center after two months at Brooklyn Hospital Center. She will be fitted with prosthetic hands and feet which she'll have to learn to use.

"My goal is to walk out of this hospital with my hands and my legs, walk out of here before Christmas so I can spend it with my beautiful children and family. And that's my determination," an emotional Mullings said as she left the hospital.

"I just want to know why, why it happened to us. We never did nothing wrong," said Michael Mullings, Tabitha's brother.

Incredibly, Tabitha said she wasn't angry about what's happened to her.

http://wcbstv.com/local/brooklyn.hos....2.870802.html

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

Incredibly, Tabitha said she wasn't angry about what's happened to her.

http://wcbstv.com/local/brooklyn.hos....2.870802.html
    That's one strong woman. Heart & prayers go out to her for her ordeal and hopefully a quick recovery, thank god she didn't lose her life over it. You know, I'm usually not in favor of lawsuits but in this case she definitely should, if it was the hospitals fault which it sounds like it was. Hope she's able to meet her goal & be home for Christmas with her kids.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

This is what happens when you turn Emergency Rooms over to guys who were 3,251st in their class at Bangladesh U. :mad: