1. #1 Four Found Guilty in Attempted Citizen's Arrest of Karl Rove 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A jury on Friday returned guilty verdicts against four people who attempted to arrest former White House adviser Karl Rove during a fundraising appearance earlier this year in Iowa.

Found guilty of trespassing are retired Methodist minister Chet Guinn, two members of the social welfare group Des Moines Catholic Worker Community, Edward Bloomer and Mona Shaw, and former group member Kirk Brown.

Chet Guinn:http://www.commondreams.org/news2003/0902-07.htm

Des Moines Peace Rally - Mona Shaw - 10/27/07
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-rURo_Eadw

The four were cited after attempting a citizen's arrest of Rove on July 25 at the Wakonda County Club in Des Moines, where he spoke at a Republican fundraiser. snip

Shaw said she was disappointed by the verdict, especially since the judge instructed the jury that a citizen's arrest was justification for being on the grounds if jurors thought the defendants had reasonable cause to believe that there was someone there who had committed a felony.

"I'm surprised that there are six people in the United States who don't believe Karl Rove should be suspected of committing felonies," Shaw told The Associated Press after the verdict.

She said their attorney will file a motion to set aside the jury's verdict.She said Brown refused to pay the fine Friday and was taken to jail for a day.snip

The chief of staff at Karl Rove & Company said the office would have no comment. Polk County attorney John Sarcone also didn't immediately return a telephone message seeking comment.

In the citizens arrest complaint, the defendants accused Rove of felony murder, election fraud, conspiracy to commit offense or defraud the United States leading to the war in Iraq, as well as treason, sedition and subversive activities.

It said Rove submitted and promoted false information leading to the war, the illegal detainment and torture of prisoners and "other fraudulent acts leading to the deaths of more than 4,000 U.S. military personnel as well as approximately 300,000 Iraqi civilians."

Shaw said the defendants were each ordered to pay a $65 fine and court costs.
    http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202426219680

What kind of security do these people have when somebody can walk right up to someone on stage like that? She could just as easily have had a weapon or an explosive device.

I think what the defendant's fail to understand is that Americans are getting sick of this type of political grand standing.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I think what the defendant's fail to understand is that Americans are getting sick of this type of political grand standing.
    Yeah. The election bears this out. Americans sure are tired of this shit.

Patent Member
    A jury trial & legal aid attorney over a $65 fine?

They'd better be responsible for court costs :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Yeah. The election bears this out. Americans sure are tired of this shit.
    What does one have to do with the other?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    What does one have to do with the other?

If we are soooo tired of this crap, then why is Murtha still there? Why is Pelosi still there? Why did the Democrats, the perpetrators of this shit, gain seats? Does not seem like America is that tired of it to me.

It seems an overwhelming majority of people are tired of the crap for sure. The best way of dealing with this should be to find out the cause and put a stop to it. Instead, people seem to think they are helpless or maybe just apathetic, and might bitch about it but then just ignore the problem.

We should change the motto from "In God we trust" to "I just don't want to get involved".
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Wait till the President is out of office, we haven't seen anything yet. We'll probably
    see SheHag try this, in fact I'd bet money on it.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    If we are soooo tired of this crap, then why is Murtha still there? Why is Pelosi still there? Why did the Democrats, the perpetrators of this shit, gain seats? Does not seem like America is that tired of it to me.
    Because the conservatives mishandled things. They grew government after promising to shrink it, they wanted to ease immigration laws as a means to combat illegal aliens instead of enforcing the laws already in existence. In the case of the election I believe that people decided to let the dems have a shot at it.

Still this has nothing to do with my point which is people becoming sick of grandstanding. They didn't vote to acquit because it was Karl Rove, the voted to acquit because they are tired of political stunts who's main purpose is to gain publicity for their cause.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 11-22-2008 at 03:17 PM.

C. S. Lewis