Thread: Surround Sound System...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Surround Sound System... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I'd like to pick up a good surround sound system for our
    big screen TV. We were in Sam's today and I saw a Sony system
    that was 1000 watts and had wireless speakers for $488.00.

The things that caught my eye were the price, wireless, and Sony.

I don't want to fart around with hiding a lot of wire so this system
    looked pretty good.

Any opinions?
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

looked pretty good.

Any opinions?
    I have a Polk audio system in my sports room, that thing cranks! But for our front room, I'm also looking for something easy, I hid alot of wire in the back room!
    I was noticing the Bose wave, I need to see if you can hook up the TV and DVD player to it though.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

An Adversary of Linda #'s

looked pretty good.

Any opinions?
    Panasonic SCPT760 DVD Home Theater System
    5.1 Speakers - 1,000 W - Passive Subwoofer, Powered, Surround System Speaker - Surround Sound - Player(s): CD/DVD Player - Playable Disk(s): DVD - Input/Output: HDMI - Theater DSP Soundfield DVD Home Theater System DVD upconversion via HDMI output,428-watt power output for 5.1 channel surround sound,wireless technology for easy setup and optional multi-room expansion Part #: SCPT760 Sellers Found: 9
    Available Since: Apr 11, 2008

Lowest Price: $286.04

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    DAVFX900W
    Sony DAV-FX900W Home Theater System

Price List: $849.00
    Our Price: $579.00
    You save: $270.00
    Accessories available for DAVFX900W: Buy Accessory Price

*Technical Data:
    -disc DVD/CD/SACD player: Take your sound experience to new heights with the Sony Dream System. The DAV-FX900W is a home theater system that includes a progressive-scan DVD player and a CD player—as well as a player for SACDs (a hi-def audio disc that delivers ultra-high fidelity). The multi-format player conveniently holds up to 5 discs at a time.

1280W audio system: Includes a 32-bit S-Master® digital amplifier, a center speaker, 2 front speakers, a subwoofer and 2 wireless rear/surround speakers.

Diat™ wireless rear/surround speakers: Why run wires through your room when can have the convenience and neatness of wireless speakers? Diat speakers use infrared beams to wirelessly transmit audio signals, for high-quality wireless sound. Also includes a wired option.

Versatile A/V connections, including HDMI output: The DVD/CD/SA-CD player is compatible with the latest digital television connection—HDMI—a wideband cable that transmits uncompressed video and audio signals for a superior picture and sound. Other connections include component video, S-video, composite video, coaxial digital audio output, analog audio input and headphone input.

Upscales standard DVDs to HD: After reading a standard DVD video (480p), the player intuitively fills in the resolution, creating near-HD quality video (720p/1080i).

MP3 player connection and enhancement: Front A/V connections let you easily hook up your MP3 player. A digital signal processor enhances your portable player's sound, for richer, clearer audio.

XM® Connect-and-Play™ ready: Make the most of your XM satellite radio (service sold separately). The unit allows you to hook up a Connect-and-Play antenna (sold separately) to the A/V receiver for spectacular satellite radio sound.

Auto calibration: For the best possible listening experience, some audiophiles hire sound consultants to determine the optimum speaker placement for the room’s acoustics. With the DAV-FX900W, you get an automated calibration feature to optimize your setup. Place the included microphone where you usually sit, and Sony’s Digital Signal Processing does the rest—adjusting for speaker placement, distance, and delays, so you get a great audio experience. An on-screen display lets you to custom-configure your system if you add additional speakers.

Music/Movie Mode: Whether you’re listening to movies or music, the system automatically adjusts sound characteristics to match the source.

Multi-format playback: Play a variety of video and audio media, including DVD-Video (movies), DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, JPEG (on CD), VCD and CD, CD-R/RW, MP3,
    http://www.mydigitaluniverse.com/Show.asp?PID=4124

Wireless sounds the way to go!

I have a Bose system and the wires are hid under woodtrim and the speakers mounted from the ceiling...but I did not have to instal it either!

BSR

looked pretty good.

Any opinions?

Bose 2.1 system. I got it and I love it. 2 small speakers and a subwoofer puts out better surround sound than a 5.1 system.

Is there any links to Consumer pages that show the best Surround sound systems?

Consumer Reports is great but it requires a subscription (cost).
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Here's the one we ended up getting. Got here today!

I'll play with setting this puppy up this weekend...:D

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Is there any links to Consumer pages that show the best Surround sound systems?

Consumer Reports is great but it requires a subscription (cost).
    Darned, I should have looked at Consumer Reports. We have a subscription. I usually study stuff more---SR acts. I'm sure this will be alright, though. We got free shipping, but as heavy as it is, would hate to pay the return shipping.

It's installed and working fine! One of my projects today.:D

Here's a pic of the finished product minus the rear speakers
    of course...

Cable box is on the bottom and SS box with the upconvert DVD player is right above it. System also has a AM/FM radio and a separate wireless play unit that you can put anywhere in the house to pickup sound replay. DVD changer can handle 5 disc's. Rear
    speakers feed off of another wireless unit I have hidden next to the couch. I haven't mounted the rear speakers yet, may do that today, they are just sitting on some chairs for now.

Pretty sweet system for $349.99 and Free Shipping from Crutchfield.com. The same system is now listed at $499.99 and it's out a stock till the 18th.