Thread: They boycott Republican businesses

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 They boycott Republican businesses 
    i received an email today, alerting me that marjorie christofferson, owner of el coyote mexican restaurant (a los angeles landmark with a SIZABLE gay following), donated $100.00 in support of prop. 8, and that a boycott has been called for. i am sickened by this as el coyote's gay clientele has been incredibly faithful to the restaurant, and provided marjorie with a significant portion of her income. marjorie admits to making the donation at the request of the mormon church, of which she is a member and her donation is also verifiable through the los angeles times. el coyote will soon be issuing a statement regarding her donation in frontiers magazine, a los angeles glbt weekly.

she is having a meeting at the restaurant tomorrow to (in her words):"allow me to personally speak with you." i'll be attending- not that i believe she can justify or apologize for her contribution- and will let the upshot of the meeting be known on the original thread in the glbt forum
    Oh ya! That will help the economy! Dont we have a right to our opinions too? I can just imagine how upset they would be if we boycotted Pro Choice businesses.

Topic:
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ress=141x32572

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    Oh ya! That will help the economy! Dont we have a right to our opinions too? I can just imagine how upset they would be if we boycotted Pro Choice businesses.

Topic:
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ress=141x32572
    All that's left is a night of broken glass.

Last edited by Sonnabend; 11-23-2008 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Naughty AmPat...pic size HUGE...naughty...-S
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

What this thread should have named was " A BOYCOTT OF MORMON BUSINESSES.

I wonder how long till we'll have own version of Krystalnscht; and will the Moonbat cheering when it happens?
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Hell I'm waiting for them to announce " Round up all Christians and Jews to be exterminated!" They would be rejoicing in the streets if that were to happen. Never in my life have I seen such hatred toward people who disagree with one another. God help us.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. --- Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Brweyes View Post
    Hell I'm waiting for them to announce " Round up all Christians and Jews to be exterminated!" They would be rejoicing in the streets if that were to happen. Never in my life have I seen such hatred toward people who disagree with one another. God help us.
    Oh come on, freedom fries anyone? The French debaucle? Whats-his-name boycotting Pepsi, the guy from Fox.

This isn't a leftist thing, or a gay thing, or a DU thing. Christians do it, Republicans do it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lahdedah View Post
    Oh come on, freedom fries anyone? The French debaucle? Whats-his-name boycotting Pepsi, the guy from Fox.

This isn't a leftist thing, or a gay thing, or a DU thing. Christians do it, Republicans do it, etc.
    The difference is that the Dummies constantly preach tolerance and acceptance of all groups and individuals. That we should all just love one another. Everything, right or wrong, good or evil, is simply relative to the individual. Then,they turn around and bash Christians as hard and as often as they can.

In other words: "We (the right) have to tolerate and accept them (the left). They (the left) feel little to no need to even tolerate us (the right), let alone begin to accept us.
    "If you're going through Hell... Keep on going"-Rodney Atkins

Power CUer
    I must have been dreaming the calls from some religious groups to boycott Disney because of their "gay days".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I must have been dreaming the calls from some religious groups to boycott Disney because of their "gay days".
    Oh, I am sure that you got them...well, I am sure that someone got some.

But remember... it is you lefties that preach tolerance and acceptance of others' views. That is, of course, unless those views and beliefs oppose yours.

Power CUer
    I'm a lefty because I point out double standards? Whatever. I suppose double standards are better than none.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm a lefty because I point out double standards? Whatever. I suppose double standards are better than none.
    No, you are a lefty because of the statements from you that I have read on this board. I do not know what double standard it is that you are pointing out. Most Christians will tell you that you should try and live in a Godly manner instead of a worldly manner. They will also tell you that is best to avoid those that are worldly instead of Godly. It is the Demoncrats that SCREAM tolerance and acceptance... unless of course that means someone from the right or a Christian are the ones that must be tolerated.

So, what double standard, exactly are you ponting out again?