Thread: First Freeze!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1 First Freeze!!! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,838
    :eek: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

    Issued by The National Weather Service
    St. Louis, MO
    3:47 pm CDT, Mon., Oct. 27, 2008
    ... FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 9 AM CDT TUESDAY...
    THE COLDEST TEMPERATURES OF THE FALL ARE EXPECTED TO OCCUR TONIGHT AND EARLY TUESDAY MORNING... AS TEMPERATURES WILL DIP INTO THE 25 TO 30 DEGREE RANGE.
    THE COLDEST TEMPERATURES... IN THE MID TO UPPER 20S... WILL BE FROM THE OZARKS INTO NORTHEAST MISSOURI AND WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS. TEMPERATURES FROM SOUTHEAST MISSOURI INTO SOUTHERN ILLINOIS WILL BOTTOM OUT NEAR THE 30 DEGREE MARK.
    Frost on teh pumpkin tonight!!!!:D
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,173
    I hope "teh pumpkin" isn't code for "my balls". :eek: :D
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,838
    I'd best not piss-off SLW tonight...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    You're kidding! Why did I think you guys were more west in the Midwest? Or more north or something. We've been freezing every night for a while now. :(
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    We had light frost a couple of days last week. Real frost tonight and tomorrow night.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Our first snow storm just melted off this past weekend. Just enough to get our attention.

    I put the chains on the tractor and mounted the blade. Dropping off the skis tomorrow for a tune up. Let it snow. :D
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

    You Say The Battle Is Over
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    Our first snow storm just melted off this past weekend. Just enough to get our attention.

    I put the chains on the tractor and mounted the blade. Dropping off the skis tomorrow for a tune up. Let it snow. :D
    We had a touch of the White Gold last week as well. I'm not ready to ski yet. :(
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,894
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I'd best not piss-off SLW tonight...:D
    Now, now, you never piss me off-----well, hardly ever. :p
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We had a touch of the White Gold last week as well. I'm not ready to ski yet. :(
    I'm praying for another epic snow year. The leaves are mostly off in the high country here and the small herd of elk we're used to seeing showed up at our place this morning. When they show up on that signals that it's about over. They'll hang around for a week two and then head to lower elevations then winters on in earnest.

    We early voted tonight and there wasn't any line. Went straight in and out.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

    You Say The Battle Is Over
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    I'm praying for another epic snow year. The leaves are mostly off in the high country here and the small herd of elk we're used to seeing showed up at our place this morning. When they show up on that signals that it's about over. They'll hang around for a week two and then head to lower elevations then winters on in earnest.

    We early voted tonight and there wasn't any line. Went straight in and out.
    I'm praying for it too. There is no downside for Colorado if we get a ton of snow. Those blood suckers will have to drop lift ticket prices to cater to the tourists. :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •