Thread: NBC Fires Weather Channel Environmental Unit

1. #1 NBC Fires Weather Channel Environmental Unit 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Strangely funny! :D

NBC Universal made the first of potentially several rounds of staffing cuts at The Weather Channel (TWC) on Wednesday, axing the entire staff of the "Forecast Earth" environmental program during the middle of NBC's "Green Week," as well as several on-camera meteorologists. The layoffs totaled about 10 percent of the workforce, and are among the first major changes made since NBC completed its purchase of the venerable weather network in September.

Among the meteorologists who was let go was Dave Schwartz, a Weather Channel veteran and a viewer staple due to his lively on camera presentations. USA Today reported that meteorologists Cheryl Lemke and Eboni Deon were also let go.

The timing of the Forecast Earth cancellation was ironic, since it came in the middle of NBC's "Green Week," during which the network has been touting its environmental coverage across all of its platforms. Forecast Earth normally aired on weekends, but its presumed last episode was shown on a weekday due to the environmentally-oriented week
    May the FORCE be with you!

Resident Grump
    I guess no one can save these wails...

They better not touch Jim Cantore ;)

Actually, I'd like the old Weather Channel back when I could stare at the snow *live* in Buffalo for hours!

Quote Originally Posted by d_va View Post
    They better not touch Jim Cantore ;)

Actually, I'd like the old Weather Channel back when I could stare at the snow *live* in Buffalo for hours!
    A while back I hear someone say that it use to be a bad sign when you looked out your window and saw Mike Wallace at your door. Now it's bad news if you look out and see Jim Cantore.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by d_va View Post
    They better not touch Jim Cantore ;)!
    I love Jim Cantore. If I weren't married .... OH BOY! :o
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.