Thread: Hey DU...so much for the "big tent"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Nicely stated Hamps. I agree.

I don't mind a good argument, in fact I relish it. CW added much to the quality of debate here by the depth of his knowledge and his wit and style.

I don't know the details of why he was banned. I will support SR in his right to do as he sees fit. I am also grateful that we here are free to discuss even as constroversial a subject as this one, without intimidation.
    I do feel the freedom to say that I think and feel differently on this matter. Such freedom of expression is something special that makes CU what it is.

I wasn't sure if Sonna's original post was intended as a dig at CW or a backhanded insult for those of us here who liked CW, or if it was what he said it was. The fact that I was unsure of the intent of his post could mean that it was in poor taste, or that I am being overly sensitive. Either way, rightly or wrongly, it raised my hackles.

I respect Sonna. He is one of only a few members whose every post I read. I learn from him, and find him interesting as well as provocative. Sometimes I agree with him, and at other times I couldn't disagree with him more. But I am always glad that he is posting here. As I was with CW.
    While I agree with Hamps on the issue generally, I didn't take Sonna's op as a swipe at anyone other than DU.

And I also agree with your characterization of Sonna's contributions here as well. I am constantly amazed and impressed at the depth of knowledge and general respect that Sonna and Hamps have with regards to American history and politics. As two people that aren't even residents of this country, they put many of our own citizens to shame with their knowledge.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    While I agree with Hamps on the issue generally, I didn't take Sonna's op as a swipe at anyone other than DU.

And I also agree with your characterization of Sonna's contributions here as well. I am constantly amazed and impressed at the depth of knowledge and general respect that Sonna and Hamps have with regards to American history and politics. As two people that aren't even residents of this country, they put many of our own citizens to shame with their knowledge.
    Nice. True. And really nice.

I definitely don't want a falling out between Hamps and Sonna.

Thanks for your insight about the OP. I wasn't sure how to read it, as I said. I thought about it and could see it both ways. Sometimes the way you see a thing depends on the last thing you looked at. The impression that is freshest in your mind. When there is a sore subject sometimes that is the filter through which you see everything.

I was left wondering 'Did he mean ...?'

I am also willing to believe, If he says he meant such-and-such (which I think he subsequently has) then I will accept his own statement on the matter. I'm not trying to stir up anything.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Resident Grump
    While I agree with Hamps on the issue generally, I didn't take Sonna's op as a swipe at anyone other than DU
    Two days ago I decided to try again and log in using my old DU acct under Sonnabend, that was banned for no reason, no explanation, no answer to my email.

I have been ip banned as well..which sucks. Over the last week or so I have seen more than one site tell us "Hey 48 this is 52, let's all get along now"

Like this one

My OP on this matter was a swipe at DU for the rampant hypocrisy, and their inability to tolerate any views other than their own.

It goes in tandem with another comment I have made...that I will "get along" the day DU and many others get down on their knees, and apologise to Pres. Bush for the last eight years of misery they have inflicted on him and on their own country.

That was what this was about, and nothing else.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 11-25-2008 at 05:02 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Two days ago I decided to try again and log in using my old DU acct under Sonnabend, that was banned for no reason, no explanation, no answer to my email.

I have been ip banned as well..which sucks. Over the last week or so I have seen more than one site tell us "Hey 48 this is 52, let's all get along now"

Like this one

My OP on this matter was a swipe at DU for the rampant hypocrisy, and their inability to tolerate any views other than their own.

It goes in tandem with another comment I have made...that I will "get along" the day DU and many others get down on their knees, and apologise to Pres. Bush for the last eight years of misery they have inflicted on him and on their own country.

That was what this was about, and nothing else.

Truer words were never spoken :)

I love how they are now all about "getting along" well they can kiss my ass.

Resident Grump
    I am also willing to believe, If he says he meant such-and-such (which I think he subsequently has) then I will accept his own statement on the matter. I'm not trying to stir up anything.
    I know. I have answered, and I hope that this clears it up.:)

I send them yearly emails asking to come back.

I thought they might go for it this time with their recent victory and all. Alas, no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    I send them yearly emails asking to come back.

I thought they might go for it this time with their recent victory and all. Alas, no reply.

They still haven't banned me, although I get censored sometimes, especially if I say anything to the effect that doctors shouldn't perform sex change operations because it isn't good for the health of the trannie. They don't allow any deviation of opinions, and claim that my statements are hate speech.

There's a lot more free speech here-I'm a liberal, and you all haven't banned me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    They still haven't banned me, although I get censored sometimes, especially if I say anything to the effect that doctors shouldn't perform sex change operations because it isn't good for the health of the trannie. They don't allow any deviation of opinions, and claim that my statements are hate speech.

There's a lot more free speech here-I'm a liberal, and you all haven't banned me yet.
    Big difference, you're sane. :D

Dude, they're not going to answer your email or give you an explanation.
    I have been ip banned as well..which sucks.
    So get a new IP. Problem solved.
    You know they have very specific rules about who can and can not post there. If you don't tow the Dim line you get tossed. This is not new news.
    ...that I will "get along" the day DU and many others get down on their knees, and apologise to Pres. Bush for the last eight years of misery they have inflicted on him and on their own country.
    I'm not miserable and I doubt very much Bush is miserable about what is said at DU. Looks like you won't be "getting along" anytime soon.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I know. I have answered, and I hope that this clears it up.:)

Good enough for me Sonna. Thanks. :)
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!