Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I'm feeling unsafe. Even in a relatively "blue" area. 
    link

lambchopp59 (211 posts)

I'm feeling unsafe. Even in a relatively "blue" area.

I'd taken a job in largely rural northern california just over two years ago now. It was comfortable at first, but Trump's election has changed all that for me here.
    Regardless of extending LGBT rights and protections from the parent company I'm signed with:
    I don't feel safe here any more.
    These well armed Trumper idiots are getting bolder, and with the meltdowns of their fuhrer, I believe more of them will snap.
    And I might as well be walking around here with a rainbow flag target with Hillary's face in the middle on my back.
    I'm dealing with some latent homophobia here, but it's clear to me now that an entity that I reported for less-than latent disrespectful actions is looking for more sly ways around trashing my life or professionalism.
    I don't see this getting better.
    I do see a few of the Trumper's I know of being extra non-sociable with me, extending the ten-foot-pole when possible.
    And I've seen this movie before.
    It concluded with me running for my life.
    There's a lot more complexity to this than I have the time and energy to go into now, it may not even be totally safe to address much of what I see brewing on any public format.
    I don't know what it will take, I know it will take every dollar I have to do so, but by fall, I'm moving back to the relative safety of the bay area.
    And leave the scheming assholes who would have me imprisoned or murdered to reading their "Focus on Other People's Family" rags in the lunchroom in peace.
    I suppose there is and outside chance this is true, however it smacks to me of someone who is either shoving his/her homosexuality in coworkers face and then takes exception when people don't like it.........or it is someone who expects people to be "homophobic" so sees it everywhere..........or it's all a lie/made up story for DU cred and to bash Trump supporters out of his/her own hatred.

luvMIdog (1,054 posts)

1. I am so very sorry ((((hug)))) My Muslim friend is going to very much the same plus threats yelled

at her all the time I hate the way they unraveled this country and lets the freaks loose. I do so hope you stay safe .

lambchopp59 (212 posts)

2. Luckily, for now, I have a number of options that will get slimmer with ACA repeal.

Funny you should mention it, because one of the places I've worked in the past, far more "blue" area (Davis, Ca) has quite a number of Muslim employees, who always regarded me with 100 times the professional respect, perhaps "disapproval" of my lifestyle, but never would make the disgusting comments and life-threatening innuendos I'm dealing with here.
    Maybe lambchopp needs to first look at the way SHE treats people. Don't expect to be respected if you don't first give respect, and we know that liberals treat Muslims WAY different than conservatives.

I have little sympathy for people who claim victimhood and expect special treatment while they go around telling all conservatives that they are "homophobic", "haters", "racist" for having views/beliefs they don't agree with and then justifying their own out and out hatred.

Why is it that giving in to liberals doesn't make them grateful and tolerant.......but hateful and vindictive?

lambchopp59 (211 posts)

I'd taken a job in largely rural northern california
    just over two years ago now. It was comfortable at first, but Trump's election has changed all that for me here.
    Regardless of extending LGBT rights and protections from the parent company I'm signed with:
    I don't feel safe here any more.
    These well armed Trumper idiots are getting bolder, and with the meltdowns of their fuhrer, I believe more of them will snap.
    And I might as well be walking around here with a rainbow flag target with Hillary's face in the middle on my back.
    I'm dealing with some latent homophobia here, but it's clear to me now that an entity that I reported for less-than latent disrespectful actions is looking for more sly ways around trashing my life or professionalism.
    I don't see this getting better.
    I do see a few of the Trumper's I know of being extra non-sociable with me, extending the ten-foot-pole when possible.
    And I've seen this movie before.
    It concluded with me running for my life.
    There's a lot more complexity to this than I have the time and energy to go into now, it may not even be totally safe to address much of what I see brewing on any public format.
    I don't know what it will take, I know it will take every dollar I have to do so, but by fall, I'm moving back to the relative safety of the bay area.
    And leave the scheming assholes who would have me imprisoned or murdered to reading their "Focus on Other People's Family" rags in the lunchroom in peace.
    Ummmm, except for a few islands like Sacto and Davis, rural Norcal is largely red. All those farm folks and the people whose businesses depend on agriculture deal with government @#$% more or less daily.

Rural Norcal folks have had a fire arms "culture" for many, many, decades. Because they hunt. Because they know that if the sheriff is needed in a minute of two, the nearest deputy could be half an hour away.

Ummmmm, in-your-facing people with your sexual preference isn't going to endear one to those people, even if they also are of similar preference. But if the "homophobia" is "latent", does it exist in reality? Or in your imagination? Adn if that "entity" really is out to "get" you, try being so valuable your employer would be afraid of losing you.

Trump voters have seen the violence and vileness of Hate-Trumpers. If you really are being avoided, try showing you aren't crazy. It just might, over time, work.

Ummmmm, unless you are capable of doing work whose value is in six figure plus bennies, moving to the SF Bay Area will be a dead end for you. Mommy & Daddy might have room for now, but the time will come when they move away or die, and you'll be stuck in an area whose housing costs you cannot afford, possibly excepting a few areas where you really would be in danger (and your sexual preference would be less relevant than the color of your skin).

Contrary to the stereotype you've been fed - and swallowed - Evangelical Christians have zero desire to execute or murder you. You would be in less danger at First Assembly of God of ______ than you would be in a gay bar.

If you were to look at "Focus on the Family" magazine, would might learn that it focuses on the readers' own families' lives and health, not others'. That has been the focus of that ministry for some 40 years.
    Last edited by SVPete; 05-19-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yet another low post counter looking
    for DU Street Cred. The tale being spun is
    almost surely BS with maybe a tiny part
    being true.

Nice try DUmmies but no cigar.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Since this is ~95% lc59's feelings and butthurtery and ~5% lc59's in-your-face entitlement, it's not totally implausible.

Agriculture is big in Norcal, but there are plenty of colleges and universities where a city person could work, government at all levels, and some industry (including tech, such as Apple's final assembly facility in Elk Grove). What seems to have lc59 scared is that most of Norcal is very different, culturally, from SF or Berserkeley. And where SF and Berserkeley view most of rural CA as knuckle-dragging ignorami, Much of rural CA, including Norcal, see SF and Berserkeley as worse-than-useless fruitcakes. I grew up in the agricultural Central Valley, and have worked for decades in Silicon Valley. So I've seen/heard both views. The rural people have it right. Bottom line, lc59 feels entitled to be seen and treated as a sacred victim and doesn't know how to function when (s)he is not.

lambchopp59 (211 posts)

I'd taken a job in largely rural northern california just over two years ago now. It was comfortable at first, but Trump's election has changed all that for me here.
    Translation:

I can't deal with nor accept that Trump won when hillary was supposed to. Rather than go about my day and accept the facts, I've become a whiney sniveling little bitch who is going to blame anything that goes wrong in my life on Trump, his supporters and conservatives in general.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Translation:

I can't deal with nor accept that Trump won when hillary was supposed to. Rather than go about my day and accept the facts, I've become a whiney sniveling little bitch who is going to blame anything that goes wrong in my life on Trump, his supporters and conservatives in general.
    Other being happier with Trump as President than they were with Obama, there hasn't been a significant cultural shift in Norcal (except for Trump-Haters in places like Sacto and Davis).

First , no examples were presented , just " FEELINGS ".

Second, Lambchop59 didn't say how he/she was acting towards other people ; you get what you give.

Third , this was paranoid delusion more then anything , thinking that the people around you were going to murder you at any moment.

And lastly , it seemed Lambchop59 wanted to move to , or back to an area where there was a large Gay community that has used it political weight to get its way most of the time and push around people who he thinks are beneath him.

Lambchop59 expected the people in that area to just like those he encountered in SF. Guess what , they weren't. People like Lambchop59 were too use to pushing around folks they think are their " Lesser " and them not stand up for themselves.

What we are dealing with here is someone who thinks they're special and considers it to be a dangerous place when no one treats them that way.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Off yourself and end the misery. That'll really show 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Off yourself and end the misery. That'll really show 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Since this is ~95% lc59's feelings and butthurtery and ~5% lc59's in-your-face entitlement, it's not totally implausible.

Agriculture is big in Norcal, but there are plenty of colleges and universities where a city person could work, government at all levels, and some industry (including tech, such as Apple's final assembly facility in Elk Grove). What seems to have lc59 scared is that most of Norcal is very different, culturally, from SF or Berserkeley. And where SF and Berserkeley view most of rural CA as knuckle-dragging ignorami, Much of rural CA, including Norcal, see SF and Berserkeley as worse-than-useless fruitcakes. I grew up in the agricultural Central Valley, and have worked for decades in Silicon Valley. So I've seen/heard both views. The rural people have it right. Bottom line, lc59 feels entitled to be seen and treated as a sacred victim and doesn't know how to function when (s)he is not.
    While admittedly I haven't spent a great deal of time in rural northern California (which I loosely define as the area generally north of the Napa Valley), I have spent a few days there here and there over the years. Granted, I haven't been there in probably twenty years, but my overall observation has been that people in these areas typically are pretty much like most Southerners and southern Midwesterners: they really don't care who you are, what you do, whom you hump, or, for the most part, how you act or dress, so long as you generally leave them alone and don't try to push any of your own perspectives upon them. I've only ever passed through places like the San Joaquin Valley, but I would suppose that much of the same is true there: these are people who just want to do their work and go home at the end of the day and generally not be bothered by other folks.

DUmmies, and Leftists in general, live their lives in their Hollywood-created bigoted Leftist stereotypes of how others exist. Ergo, everyone in the South goes out and burns crosses every Saturday night and anyone not living in one of about seven major cities in the country hates gay people to the point that they go and find gay people to brutally assault just for fun and profit. Now, I will certainly admit that I have my own stereotypes: people in San Francisco tend to be Leftist kooks and/or in-your-face gay, people in New York are often nose-in-the-air Leftist elitists, people in Boston and Baltimore tend to be arrogant assholes, etc. The difference is that I don't let that dominate my life nor my beliefs about other people. I know that there are plenty of non-insane people in the Bay Area. I know that there are actual conservative people who live right in the heart of Manhattan, and furthermore, I know that I can manage to get along with lots of people there even though we may have wholly divergent political beliefs (or religious beliefs, or cultural beliefs, etc.). Somewhat ironically, even though I'm automatically called the intolerant one by the Left, in reality I can quite readily tolerate all sorts of other people without giving it a second thought.

There's a long-standing saying that a Southerner can readily go north or west, but the reverse is seldom true. Indeed, there have been more than a few movies made that are based upon this very premise (think My Cousin Vinny), and it's often comedy gold. In the real world, though, this really is a truism: a Nashvillian or a Louisvillian or someone from Birmingham or Jackson, Mississippi or Valdosta or Macon can readily adjust into life in New York or L.A. or Seattle. It may not necessarily be "comfortable" for them to do so, but they can quite readily do so. But if you pluck someone out of South Central or the Mission District or the Bronx or Hyde Park and plunk them down in Clanton, Alabama or Crossville, Tennessee, they simply cannot manage to survive most of the time.

I would wager that the same is true of someone who were to be plucked out of Redding or Dunsmuir or Ukiah or Delano or Barstow: if they were made to go to New York tomorrow, they would manage just fine, but the person from Murray Hill or the East Village would freak out and die if the opposite happened to them.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.