1. #1 Frustration and Outrage Builds Among Democrats After Useless Deputy AG Briefing On Co 
    link

Amaryllis (5,714 posts)

Frustration and Outrage Builds Among Democrats After Useless Deputy AG Briefing On Comey Firing

House Democrats came out their briefing from Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein frustrated and convinced that they couldn’t trust anything that the Trump administration says. One Democratic congressman referred to the briefing as “useless.”

snip - lots of tweets and transcripts of Rosenstein's opening remarks

Democrats weren’t impressed because the Deputy AG stuck to the White House line, and didn’t say much of anything that would justify it being classified. The idea that Rosenstein would come to Congress and give them any new information was wishful thinking, but the one thing that the Trump White House can’t grasp is how much it would help them to be honest with Congress. The fact that this administration is avoiding honesty like it is a fatal disease suggests that what happened during the 2016 campaign is bad enough to topple this presidency.

Republicans continue to try to move the goalposts by moving the focus of the investigation on to Russia. The congressional majority would prefer it if we as a nation would focus all of our attention on what Russia did, and ignore what members of the campaign and the administration might have done.

The fact that Democrats came out of the briefing frustrated and angry is a good sign. House Democrats are hungry for the truth, and they are going to continue to question and fight for a real investigation until they get it.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/05/...ey-firing.html
    Trump: I didn't collude with the Russians. I don't know anything about Russia "hacking" or "influencing" the election. When I said that I hoped the Russians could find the e mails Hillary deleted it was a sarcastic joke. No one in my administration colluded with the Russians. No I didn't give detailed top secret information to the Russians when they were here.

Democrats: YOU LIE. Tell us the truth, you need to be honest with us.

But they'll believe the fake news, anonymous sources which is probably fake news most of the time and their what they want to believe.

And they wonder why we laugh at them and don't take their hyperbole seriously.

And really....what were they expecting the Deputy AG to tell them?

"Useless" = doesn't fit their narrative or suit their purposes.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Awwww, you mean the Democratics weren't
    told what they wanted to hear???!!!??? OMG!!!

So sorry DUmmies, Trump is far from perfect but
    he isn't a "traitor"!!! I know, I know, you don't want
    to hear that. Tough Shit.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    "Useless" = doesn't fit their narrative or suit their purposes.
    Yep.

"We left the meeting with a complete lack of any actual evidence of wrongdoing, the same as we went in, so it was useless because we still don't have anything with which to impeach Trump and frogmarch him to the Hague."
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.