Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 My Top 10 in Horror... 
    So Shannon & I are watching that special on CBS, the AFL's 10 Top 10 (films of all-time), and they have it broken down into genre categories like Animation, Romantic Comedies, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc etc...but NO Horror...needless to say I was a bit perturbed by this gross omission...here is mine (listed in no order of importance), so feel free to share yours:

1) Night of the Living Dead (the original and still a classic)

2) Halloween (the first one...)

3) The Haunting (the original, not the ridiculous remake)

4) Jaws (scared the shit out of me as a kid and made me want to stay out of the ocean for a while)

5) Alien (yes, Alien...to me this is just a horror movie in outer space)

6) The Exorcist (for its time, and still stands the test of time today, extremely graphic and chilling)

7) The Shining (the movie not the miniseries...the movie was very different from the King novel but had a distinct air of menace largely thanks to Nicholson's awesome performance)

8) Wolf Creek (recently done, obviously, loosely based on actual events and one of the lines of dialogue from the movie makes my lovely wife cringe...and no, I won't say it here lest dorks like JV plague her with it constantly! :p But seriously, this movie was SO believable and realistic it was very very frightening)

9) Creature from the Black Lagoon (yeah, kinda cheesy but this movie always creeped me out as a kid)

10) The Thing (the John Carpenter remake...I am a HUGE fan of JC and I love this movie! Kurt Russell's character was perfect and the special FX were the cutting edge of super-graphic for its time)
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Excellent list! I would agree with most of them. Anyone remember a movie called "The Other"? about some kid who may or may not have killed his little brother. I don't remember all the details. That scared the heck out of me. "Village of the Damned" I might add as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    So Shannon & I are watching that special on CBS, the AFL's 10 Top 10 (films of all-time), and they have it broken down into genre categories like Animation, Romantic Comedies, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc etc...but NO Horror...needless to say I was a bit perturbed by this gross omission...here is mine (listed in no order of importance), so feel free to share yours:

1) Night of the Living Dead (the original and still a classic)

2) Halloween (the first one...)

3) The Haunting (the original, not the ridiculous remake)

4) Jaws (scared the shit out of me as a kid and made me want to stay out of the ocean for a while)

5) Alien (yes, Alien...to me this is just a horror movie in outer space)

6) The Exorcist (for its time, and still stands the test of time today, extremely graphic and chilling)

7) The Shining (the movie not the miniseries...the movie was very different from the King novel but had a distinct air of menace largely thanks to Nicholson's awesome performance)

8) Wolf Creek (recently done, obviously, loosely based on actual events and one of the lines of dialogue from the movie makes my lovely wife cringe...and no, I won't say it here lest dorks like JV plague her with it constantly! :p But seriously, this movie was SO believable and realistic it was very very frightening)

9) Creature from the Black Lagoon (yeah, kinda cheesy but this movie always creeped me out as a kid)

10) The Thing (the John Carpenter remake...I am a HUGE fan of JC and I love this movie! Kurt Russell's character was perfect and the special FX were the cutting edge of super-graphic for its time)
    Great list, last nite I watched Grindhouse, way cool. I was a big fan of Mystery Theater 2000, I love "B" grade horror movies!
    My wife cringes when there is nothing on and I flick over to Sci-Fi channel and watch whatever is on, like Original Sci-fi movie!!
    I have Wolf Creek and haven't watched it yet, it goes on tomorrow.

P.S. My parents went to see The Night Of The Living Dead in the drive in when I was young. They thought I was asleep in the back of the car.... NOT!!! Best horror movie ever!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

BSR
    why do you have to bring me into this?:mad::p

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Great list, last nite I watched Grindhouse, way cool. I was a big fan of Mystery Theater 2000, I love "B" grade horror movies!
    My wife cringes when there is nothing on and I flick over to Sci-Fi channel and watch whatever is on, like Original Sci-fi movie!!
    I have Wolf Creek and haven't watched it yet, it goes on tomorrow.

P.S. My parents went to see The Night Of The Living Dead in the drive in when I was young. They thought I was asleep in the back of the car.... NOT!!! Best horror movie ever!
    I liked grindhouse up till the kid accidentally shoots himself in the car. Then I got upset, and turned it off.

Dawn of the dead. The remake.

Best Zombie Film Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    why do you have to bring me into this?:mad::p
    Are you the "OTHER"?

BSR
    Are you the "OTHER"?
    no, but I am a BOTHER.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    I liked grindhouse up till the kid accidentally shoots himself in the car. Then I got upset, and turned it off.
    Yea, that was over the top, but the whole movie was over the top!!!
    How did you like the end to "The Mist"?

BSR
    Yea, that was over the top, but the whole mov ie was ov er the top!!!
    How did you like the end to "The Mist"?
    never saw it.