Thread: My Top 10 in Horror...
#1 My Top 10 in Horror...06-17-2008, 10:25 PM
So Shannon & I are watching that special on CBS, the AFL's 10 Top 10 (films of all-time), and they have it broken down into genre categories like Animation, Romantic Comedies, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc etc...but NO Horror...needless to say I was a bit perturbed by this gross omission...here is mine (listed in no order of importance), so feel free to share yours:
1) Night of the Living Dead (the original and still a classic)
2) Halloween (the first one...)
3) The Haunting (the original, not the ridiculous remake)
4) Jaws (scared the shit out of me as a kid and made me want to stay out of the ocean for a while)
5) Alien (yes, Alien...to me this is just a horror movie in outer space)
6) The Exorcist (for its time, and still stands the test of time today, extremely graphic and chilling)
7) The Shining (the movie not the miniseries...the movie was very different from the King novel but had a distinct air of menace largely thanks to Nicholson's awesome performance)
8) Wolf Creek (recently done, obviously, loosely based on actual events and one of the lines of dialogue from the movie makes my lovely wife cringe...and no, I won't say it here lest dorks like JV plague her with it constantly! :p But seriously, this movie was SO believable and realistic it was very very frightening)
9) Creature from the Black Lagoon (yeah, kinda cheesy but this movie always creeped me out as a kid)
10) The Thing (the John Carpenter remake...I am a HUGE fan of JC and I love this movie! Kurt Russell's character was perfect and the special FX were the cutting edge of super-graphic for its time)"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature
06-17-2008, 10:35 PM
- Join Date
- May 2008
- The West
Excellent list! I would agree with most of them. Anyone remember a movie called "The Other"? about some kid who may or may not have killed his little brother. I don't remember all the details. That scared the heck out of me. "Village of the Damned" I might add as well.
06-17-2008, 10:50 PM
My wife cringes when there is nothing on and I flick over to Sci-Fi channel and watch whatever is on, like Original Sci-fi movie!!
I have Wolf Creek and haven't watched it yet, it goes on tomorrow.
P.S. My parents went to see The Night Of The Living Dead in the drive in when I was young. They thought I was asleep in the back of the car.... NOT!!! Best horror movie ever!
: “It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.”
” I wondered why the rock was getting larger. Then it hit me.
06-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Dawn of the dead. The remake.
Best Zombie Film Ever.
06-18-2008, 10:30 AM
06-18-2008, 11:23 AM"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|