Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Based on tonites news Obama is in effect President NOW! 
    link

LiberalFighter (1000+ posts) Mon Nov-24-08 06:49 PM
    Original message
    Based on tonites news Obama is in effect President NOW!
    ABC suggests that there is a vacuum in the current President's office. Another name for a lame duck President?

ABC has labeled the Obama team a shadow presidency. Obama is not waiting til 1/20 with his plans for the economy. He is already working with Congress to design and pass an economic stimulus plan ready for his signature when he is sworn in.

He has put together an economic team faster than previous administrations.
    WinkyDink (1000+ posts) Mon Nov-24-08 06:56 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. I shudder at where we'd be with P-E McCain. O.M.G
    Capn Sunshine (1000+ posts) Mon Nov-24-08 07:06 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    3. I'll tell you exactly where we'd be
    in a big ass hole looking up at the freaking gutter.
    And the news would intone "my friends, we need to give the tax cuts a chance to work"
    MarkInCA (252 posts) Mon Nov-24-08 07:04 PM
    2. That vacuum is the lack of matter inside *'s skull n/t
    bridgit (1000+ posts) Mon Nov-24-08 07:14 PM
    4. That's how I see it, in addition to bush abdicating, having no ideas worthy of consideration, etc...
    Obama is not merely the president-elect...he is now in & by fact President of The United States of America; bush should be somehow suggested to take his little bag of marbles and walk away
    They still are as delusional as ever.

Just waiting for the pardons and last minute orders. Then we'll see who still is the pres., lame duck or not.

BSR
    News flash DUmmies.. Every president elect maps out his strategy, organizes his cabinet, begins working with different branches of the government. It's called a seamless transition.

Jesus, you'd think this was the first election ever this dipshit have ever been through..

OMFG, Obama talked to teh Congrezz. He'z the Prezident nowz !!!!!!1111 one-ity eleven..

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    News flash DUmmies.. Every president elect maps out his strategy, organizes his cabinet, begins working with different branches of the government. It's called a seamless transition.

Jesus, you'd think this was the first election ever this dipshit have ever been through..

OMFG, Obama talked to teh Congrezz. He'z the Prezident nowz !!!!!!1111 one-ity eleven..
    Wait...hold the phone here. So he didn't make US history by being the first president elect to pick a cabinet? You just blew my freakin' mind. :eek::p

Now excuse me a moment, I'm gonna go have another messiah joygasm.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Haha many democratic voters could not even tell who was in congress let alone how an election works.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

LMAO...

I almost wish that Bush would resign, Cheney become VP, pick Obama as his VP and then Cheney resign. The moonbats would absolutely love that until they realize that the term limits would prevent him from having a second term.

I would love that.
    "If you're going through Hell... Keep on going"-Rodney Atkins

Still has to wait to enter the oval office though.

Quote Originally Posted by KCornett View Post
    LMAO...

I almost wish that Bush would resign, Cheney become VP, pick Obama as his VP and then Cheney resign. The moonbats would absolutely love that until they realize that the term limits would prevent him from having a second term.

I would love that.

Actually, there is a time limit involved in making that determination. I don't know the exact number, but it has been brought up in the context of JFK's death-LBJ was eligible to run for a 2nd full term in 1968, after having been elected in 1964, but he declined to run. LBJ had taken the presidency almost a year before the 1964 election. It was brought up during Clinton's impeachment hearings, too, that if he had been removed from office or if he had resigned, would Al Gore be able to run twice for president after assuming the presidency in 1998 or 99. Ultimately, it didn't matter, because Clinton didn't resign and Gore didn't become president in 2001.

It was also a discussion topic in 1976 regarding Ford, after he took office when Nixon resigned. Again, it was moot because Ford lost in 1976.

Patent Member
    Amendment XXII
    Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
    2 years + 2 terms.

I thought the DUmp monkeys were against "shadow governments."
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana