Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Any advice on the XBox 360? 
    I'm thinking about getting an XBox 360. I have a PS2 now. I keep hearing about malfunctions and the "Ring of Death". Then I hear that those are problems with the older consoles, and the new ones are fine. I can't afford a PS3, so that's out of the question.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I'm thinking about getting an XBox 360. I have a PS2 now. I keep hearing about malfunctions and the "Ring of Death". Then I hear that those are problems with the older consoles, and the new ones are fine. I can't afford a PS3, so that's out of the question.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Yeah Buy A Wiii .Everything Sony that I purchased failed within the first year !
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...66-661,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Yeah Buy A Wiii .Everything Sony that I purchased failed within the first year !
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...66-661,00.html
    My niece has a Wii. I like it, but it seems more geared to kids.

Sony makes the Playstation. I had one breakdown on me. I took it outside and smashed it with a big rock. Overall, I like my PS2, just can't afford the PS3.

Microsoft makes the XBox.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    New ones are NOT fine. Trust me. I know from experience...

Anyways, it is a fine system if you can look past its problems. There are two I can think of right now: scratching discs and the Red ring of Death. The 360 tends to... scratch discs that are inside of it with just the littlest of movements. Something as small as walking across the room will end up with a scratch on your disk. I haven't had too much problems with this, however.

The RROD can occur at any time in your systems life or not occur at all. I suggest buying a warranty from the shop your going to buy it at. It happened to me in EXACTLY one year. Instead of actually solving the issue, Microsoft simply raised their warranty. With this problem alone, you have a free 3 year warranty. Problem is it takes months to get it shipped over, repaired, and shipped back.
    I'll add something signature worthy later...

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post

Anyways, it is a fine system if you can look past its problems. There are two I can think of right now: scratching discs and the Red ring of Death. The 360 tends to... scratch discs that are inside of it with just the littlest of movements. Something as small as walking across the room will end up with a scratch on your disk. I haven't had too much problems with this, however.

The RROD can occur at any time in your systems life or not occur at all. I suggest buying a warranty from the shop your going to buy it at. It happened to me in EXACTLY one year. Instead of actually solving the issue, Microsoft simply raised their warranty. With this problem alone, you have a free 3 year warranty. Problem is it takes months to get it shipped over, repaired, and shipped back.
    I've seen alot about the RRoD. That's what is making me think I might be better off to just stick with my PS2.

I'm knocking wood here but our 360 has performed pretty flawlessly.

My Xbox died the week the 360 came out (go figure the odds on that), so I got one of the first ones produced. It's still running pretty well. 3 times since I've bought it, it's just kinda crapped out for a week or two. It's hard to explain what happens, but things just stopped working for the most part. I've never had to do any repairs though, since it always just comes back working like it was brand new. It's actually quite weird.

Given the price, I think it would be worth the investment. I've got a lot of friends with the 360, and none of them have ever had the ring of death... well, not true. I did have a friend whose idiot brother put baloney into the cd slot once... (He was 15.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post

In Nov my son's 360 died. He had it since the 360 came out. Microsoft fixed it and shipped it back to us for a total of $94.00 which included the shipping it back to us. From the day I shipped it till it was returned, was less than 3 weeks.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

A little tid-bit here, most of you gamers probably already know. My son got net-flix recently, and you can download movies straight to the 360 hard-drive.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    In Nov my son's 360 died. He had it since the 360 came out. Microsoft fixed it and shipped it back to us for a total of $94.00 which included the shipping it back to us. From the day I shipped it till it was returned, was less than 3 weeks.
    You must have lived closer to their warehouse then. And you shouldn't have paid for anything, unless it was past the warranty date.
    I'll add something signature worthy later...