Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I went shopping for a system for my son...here's what I found

The Red ring of death is a BIG problem...The PS3 has few if any hardware crashes.

You have to buy the upper packages such as the 360 elite to get the online gaming

You don't have to buy anything special with the Play station to get online.

It's really about preferences on games because the PS and XBOX both have their own line of shooter games...so if you don't mind that you can't play Halo on the PS then that my be your system.

My opinion: Xbox has more to it, cheaper, has the better online community, and more people own one, but PlayStation 3 is the best of the two
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Great games. RE4 was the reason I bought a Gamecube, then they just brought it over to PS2. :mad:
    But RE5 comes out in a few months so I'm definitely buying a new system cuz it looks so damn awesome.
    Only, it's not politically correct. You shoot alot of black zombies. No bullshit, it's already causing a stink.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Only, it's not politically correct. You shoot alot of black zombies. No bullshit, it's already causing a stink.
    I read about that when Electronic Gaming Monthly (my favorite games magazine) first covered the upcoming game over a year ago. It's pretty stupid that people place the RRRRACIST label on this game (since you're a white Government agent killing zombies in Africa) when you can kill people of all colors in Grand Theft Auto...

Update: RE5 will be a co-op 2 player game and the other character is a black woman agent. So its ok now I guess. :o
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    New ones are NOT fine. Trust me. I know from experience...

Anyways, it is a fine system if you can look past its problems. There are two I can think of right now: scratching discs and the Red ring of Death. The 360 tends to... scratch discs that are inside of it with just the littlest of movements. Something as small as walking across the room will end up with a scratch on your disk. I haven't had too much problems with this, however.

The RROD can occur at any time in your systems life or not occur at all. I suggest buying a warranty from the shop your going to buy it at. It happened to me in EXACTLY one year. Instead of actually solving the issue, Microsoft simply raised their warranty. With this problem alone, you have a free 3 year warranty. Problem is it takes months to get it shipped over, repaired, and shipped back.
    In Nov my son's 360 died. He had it since the 360 came out. Microsoft fixed it and shipped it back to us for a total of $94.00 which included the shipping it back to us. From the day I shipped it till it was returned, was less than 3 weeks.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

A little tid-bit here, most of you gamers probably already know. My son got net-flix recently, and you can download movies straight to the 360 hard-drive.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    In Nov my son's 360 died. He had it since the 360 came out. Microsoft fixed it and shipped it back to us for a total of $94.00 which included the shipping it back to us. From the day I shipped it till it was returned, was less than 3 weeks.
    You must have lived closer to their warehouse then. And you shouldn't have paid for anything, unless it was past the warranty date.
    I'll add something signature worthy later...

You must have lived closer to their warehouse then. And you shouldn't have paid for anything, unless it was past the warranty date.
    No, we live in the same place. My son has had his 360 since it debuted. Ergo his unit was way past warranty. He went on-line and lined up repair. The flat fee was $94 which included shipping the unit back to us when repaired. 2 and a half months later the unit is working fine.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    No, we live in the same place. My son has had his 360 since it debuted. Ergo his unit was way past warranty. He went on-line and lined up repair. The flat fee was $94 which included shipping the unit back to us when repaired. 2 and a half months later the unit is working fine.
    Oh, I see. That's must be why you got it back so soon, since you actually paid for the service. Getting it back through warranty would take longer I suppose since they're doing it for free and can take their time and ship with the lowest cost.
    I'll add something signature worthy later...

Oh, I see. That's must be why you got it back so soon, since you actually paid for the service. Getting it back through warranty would take longer I suppose since they're doing it for free and can take their time and ship with the lowest cost.
    I had mine fixed for free and got mine back within 8 days. They shipped UPS.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

I've been wrestling over this question for a few weeks now; still can't decide which one to buy! :mad:

The 360 is: Cheaper, has more games, a better online service & multiplatform games that come out on both systems usually run better on it. BUT; it still sometimes runs the risk of the RROD and Xbox Live costs $50 a year.

The PS3 has: Blu-ray (I don't really care), a bigger hard drive, great exclusive games and free online gaming. BUT it costs more.

I'm stuck. :(
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke