Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Russian Analyst Predicts Decline And Breakup Of Usa 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    RUSSIAN ANALYST PREDICTS DECLINE AND BREAKUP OF USA

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.

Professor Igor Panarin said in an interview with the respected daily IZVESTIA published on Monday: "The dollar is not secured by anything. The country's foreign debt has grown like an avalanche, even though in the early 1980s there was no debt. By 1998, when I first made my prediction, it had exceeded $2 trillion. Now it is more than 11 trillion. This is a pyramid that can only collapse."

The paper said Panarin's dire predictions for the U.S. economy, initially made at an international conference in Australia 10 years ago at a time when the economy appeared strong, have been given more credence by this year's events.

When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing. Due to the financial crisis, three of the largest and oldest five banks on Wall Street have already ceased to exist, and two are barely surviving. Their losses are the biggest in history. Now what we will see is a change in the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will no longer be the world's financial regulator."

When asked who would replace the U.S. in regulating world markets, he said: "Two countries could assume this role: China, with its vast reserves, and Russia, which could play the role of a regulator in Eurasia."

Asked why he expected the U.S. to break up into separate parts, he said: "A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

He also cited the "vulnerable political setup", "lack of unified national laws", and "divisions among the elite, which have become clear in these crisis conditions."

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.

Drudge..,....Developing...

Since most "expert" analysts failed in prediciting the collapse of the Soviet union...I would take this with a grain of salt. Interesting piece though.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Since most "expert" analysts failed in prediciting the collapse of the Soviet union...I would take this with a grain of salt. Interesting piece though.
    That was our experts who were in the dark. Do we know how on top of things their experts are? What would happen tomorrow if China called in it's loans? It seems to me as a layman that we've put ourselves in a position that our creditors could do massive damage if not outright destroying us.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    That was our experts who were in the dark. Do we know how on top of things their experts are? What would happen tomorrow if China called in it's loans? It seems to me as a layman that we've put ourselves in a position that our creditors could do massive damage if not outright destroying us.
    Well they would do as much damage to their own economy. We buy most of their junk so if we go down who will buy it?

Cheap cheesy crap from China?......Look, the United States economy is still the largest in the world. As much as the Euro and the developing economies look to their own economies, the US economy sneezes, and the World still catches a cold.

Point is, yes, China has passed Japan as the largest bond holder, but China is also one of the largest trading partners of the US...what market replaces the US?...... India?........Russia?......Brazil?

This is the first world wide recession, the answer is how does the US get itself out of this situation. More Government bailouts? More regulations? More Centralized planning?

They did study soon after the collapse. It found that the correllation between experts and the average Russian citizen were almost the same.....meaning political science as a discipline is pretty much crap as a "science".
    I completely agree with you on how dire our economy is and I was merely making an observation about "expertise".
    We're closer than you think as to understanding that the American hegemony is ending.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

They did study soon after the collapse. It found that the correllation between experts and the average Russian citizen were almost the same.....meaning political science as a discipline is pretty much crap as a "science".
    I completely agree with you on how dire our economy is and I was merely making an observation about "expertise".
    We're closer than you think as to understanding that the American hegemony is ending.
    Ending or ended?

I'm not trying to be a doom and gloom guy, but I'd more surprised if the Russian is wrong than if he's right. Consider the divisions we had in this country when the war on terror and abortion were the only major forces pulling us apart. I can see a few other areas where we Americans might just disagree in the coming days.

The dollar is not secured by anything
    A reckless exaggeration. The dollar is secured by debt, thank you very much.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Ending or ended?

I'm not trying to be a doom and gloom guy, but I'd more surprised if the Russian is wrong than if he's right. Consider the divisions we had in this country when the war on terror and abortion were the only major forces pulling us apart. I can see a few other areas where we Americans might just disagree in the coming days.
    You won't get me calling anyone with pracitcal caution a doom and gloomer. It's one thing to preach the sky is falling...it's another to bring up salient facts historically that point to problems.
    Seems to me the ones screaming about the economy for the last ten years are the wise ones.
    The problem isn't with disagreements it's the federal intervention into these issues that has caused the division. If issues such as abortion were left to the states as was intended...then different regions would develop different community standards that would be fit for that regions values.

You won't get me calling anyone with pracitcal caution a doom and gloomer. It's one thing to preach the sky is falling...it's another to bring up salient facts historically that point to problems.
    Seems to me the ones screaming about the economy for the last ten years are the wise ones.
    The problem isn't with disagreements it's the federal intervention into these issues that has caused the division. If issues such as abortion were left to the states as was intended...then different regions would develop different community standards that would be fit for that regions values.
    Call me crazy, but I think that's why when standards are set we call them community not national. I'm sure that drives some people nuts knowing that we have the nerve to actually think we're entitled to set community standards.