1. #1 The U.S. Open, 2017 
    A long, sunny walk in the farm-fields kinda tournament, looks like... I'll go with Fowler, Kinser, Bubba Watson, and Zack Johnson. Not Dustin. He, McElroy, and Spieth seem lost in a gray, swirling Twilight Zone lately.

Justin Rose is scary.

It'll be interesting to see if anybody will be carrying a 1-iron.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    A long, sunny walk in the farm-fields kinda tournament, looks like... I'll go with Fowler, Kinser, Bubba Watson, and Zack Johnson. Not Dustin. He, McElroy, and Spieth seem lost in a gray, swirling Twilight Zone lately.

Justin Rose is scary.

It'll be interesting to see if anybody will be carrying a 1-iron.
    Justin Thomas is also a worthwhile pick. Zach? Not a bomber, although I do root for the guy from my home state.

And I still own a Ping Eye 2 one iron.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I have no information that somebody used one... XD

But what a wonderful course. And the Tournament had so much action going-on that it's hard to summarize it all.

Oddest occurrence: some moron's blimp crashed nearby. Nobody was hurt I guess, but the incident had amateur showoff written all over it. Ironically, the Goodyear Blimp sailed-over and filmed it blowing-up.

Ongoing oddity: Davis Love III caddying for his kid, who shot a respectable 71.

Line of the day: " We're sitting here at the US Open and the Bob Hope Desert Classic is breaking-out. " (at the time, there was no wind and two-thirds of the field were under-par. (Hope's tournament was famous for final-scores of minus-30, which made it unwatchable.)) The wind presently picked-up.

FOX did a fine job with presentation and graphics... and the addition of Darren Clarke was perfect. Because the UK-players look about ready to take-over tomorrow. Notably, Beef Johnston. The US fans love 'im.

First U.S. Open since '94 without Phil or Tiger. Did the research, Ernie Els has played every year since '93. Furyk did not qualify in '94, otherwise he was close to the current longevity streak.

Els is 5-shots back. And Furyk is 7 back.

It's the Battle Of The Journeymen for the most part.

Els is in the same spot Nicklaus was... being in-contention at major-tournaments while being in-demand as a top course-designer. He was probably interviewed but I didn't catch it.

I'd actually miss Furyk not being there more than Phil and Tiger. Furyk's a grinder, who rarely hits a bad shot. Phil and Tiger are all over the property half-the-time.

Mesmerizing action leading-to a whirlwind of possibilities today.

I know there won't be a 'flow' to the coverage because there's too many contenders to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    I have no information that somebody used one... XD

But what a wonderful course. And the Tournament had so much action going-on that it's hard to summarize it all.

Oddest occurrence: some moron's blimp crashed nearby. Nobody was hurt I guess, but the incident had amateur showoff written all over it. Ironically, the Goodyear Blimp sailed-over and filmed it blowing-up.

Ongoing oddity: Davis Love III caddying for his kid, who shot a respectable 71.

Line of the day: " We're sitting here at the US Open and the Bob Hope Desert Classic is breaking-out. " (at the time, there was no wind and two-thirds of the field were under-par. (Hope's tournament was famous for final-scores of minus-30, which made it unwatchable.)) The wind presently picked-up.

FOX did a fine job with presentation and graphics... and the addition of Darren Clarke was perfect. Because the UK-players look about ready to take-over tomorrow. Notably, Beef Johnston. The US fans love 'im.
    Finally was able to watch yesterday, and the Fox announcers are doing great.

The golf media "meme" is that this turned into a glorified Greater Milwaukee Open, an former tournament held about 40 miles away. It has been exciting, even without the so called star power.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Finally was able to watch yesterday, and the Fox announcers are doing great.

The golf media "meme" is that this turned into a glorified Greater Milwaukee Open, an former tournament held about 40 miles away. It has been exciting, even without the so called star power.
    Agrees. It almost was a blockbuster finish, but everybody's approach-shots abandoned them on the back-9 except for Koepka's. -Who really established himself as a champion.

Yeah, I forgot to mention Ken Brown and his 'Brownie Points' segments which were a refreshing vacation from the pallid humor of CBS and NBC.

overused cliche of the tournament: " Throw the rabbit into the briar-patch. "

reaching for the bleep-button moment: " I always played shut-faced. " (Paul Azinger explaining about whacking a ball out thick grass on a downhill-slope)

best philosophical takeaway: "Some days you're the pigeon. Other days you're the statue. " -darren clarke