1. #1 Michelin reinventing the tire 

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Fine except biodegradable, like the oil cans that disintegrate on my shelves leaving a puddle of oil.
    Just last week I stuck my finger through a bottle of leather conditioner I hadn't used in awhile it made a hell of a mess.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Anyone over sixty already knows that new tires of today are just a complete rip off, they are garbage when they leave the molds already and have no life in them as older tires once did. I won't bother to mention how expensive these new worn out tires are. I just spent 700 hundred dollars for 4 cheap grade Truck tires which only 20 years ago would have cost me 300 tops. I wouldn't even think about buying a brand name tire since tires are like other consumer items they are all made from several manufacturers so you still get a cheap tire even if it displays a name brand. There was a time when Sears sold Michelin in the early 70s tagged as Sears and the way you could tell it was a Michelin was the inside color of the tire was that old traditional Michelin RED

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    Anyone over sixty already knows that new tires of today are just a complete rip off, they are garbage when they leave the molds already and have no life in them as older tires once did. I won't bother to mention how expensive these new worn out tires are. I just spent 700 hundred dollars for 4 cheap grade Truck tires which only 20 years ago would have cost me 300 tops. I wouldn't even think about buying a brand name tire since tires are like other consumer items they are all made from several manufacturers so you still get a cheap tire even if it displays a name brand. There was a time when Sears sold Michelin in the early 70s tagged as Sears and the way you could tell it was a Michelin was the inside color of the tire was that old traditional Michelin RED
    The EPA drove rubber and battery production out of the country and all are made in China and Mexico. A 10 ply 16" truck/trailer tire lasts me a year, the tread seldom wears out the plies separate and they fly apart due to the improper bonding of the plies.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The EPA drove rubber and battery production out of the country and all are made in China and Mexico. A 10 ply 16" truck/trailer tire lasts me a year, the tread seldom wears out the plies separate and they fly apart due to the improper bonding of the plies.
    My truck is also a 3/4 ton old 2500 GMC using 16 inch. Here where I live there was a time you could actually find a used one since most of the farmers all use the same trucks, not any longer because they have started running the tires until they can't run any more and when they do finally buy tires the take offs are so worn out they wouldn't be worth the 15 dollars to mount one as a spare. Then too these newer Trucks are now using the different size wheels, I have no idea what that is since I haven't worked in the business for a very long time, I couldn't identify one vehicle brand from another much less the right tire size they happen to use