Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Left Celebrate Ann Coulterís Broken Jaw 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Iím not the biggest Ann Coulter fan out there. I think she says things that are way out of line just for the controversy, and attention for selling books. However, when we learned that Teddy Kennedy had brain cancer we didnít make jokes about it. It would have been easy to do, but we asked our readers to pray for him. This is what makes conservatives different than most liberals! We donít celebrate the tragedies of others just because we donít like them, with perhaps the exception of Fred Phelps and his cult where we might make an exception. However,...

http://www.stoptheaclu.com/archives/...rs-broken-jaw/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Iím not the biggest Ann Coulter fan out there. I think she says things that are way out of line just for the controversy, and attention for selling books. However, when we learned that Teddy Kennedy had brain cancer we didnít make jokes about it. It would have been easy to do, but we asked our readers to pray for him. This is what makes conservatives different than most liberals! We donít celebrate the tragedies of others just because we donít like them, with perhaps the exception of Fred Phelps and his cult where we might make an exception. However,...

http://www.stoptheaclu.com/archives/...rs-broken-jaw/
    http://watchdogmilwaukee.com/jim/200...cer-diagnosis/

Sonnabend
    I note two comments.

Want to see how fast i can point to the number of DU grave dancing threads, wilbur? One or two people is one thing..the conduct of the Left over the last eight years is another matter entirely.

How about this?

LeftyMom Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Nov-25-08 10:25 PM
    Response to Original message
    15. Hospital spokesman Dr. Julius Hibbert said "A routine soul smear tested positive for pure evil."

Further tests are underway to confirm presence of a previously undetected soul.
    acmavm Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Nov-25-08 10:37 PM
    23. I thought the only things that could get to old Babs were things like

garlic, a crucifix, holy water, a wooden stake.
    Whoa_Nelly Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Nov-25-08 11:08 PM
    35. The doctors are sorry to say, Mrs. Bush did not pass the IQ test.

But, they did determine she has been brain dead for years.
    ..and so on ad nauseum. Sorry wilbur..but there is no comparison.

A broken jaw is pretty different to brain cancer. Although you're still laughing at someone else's misfortune.

The thing I don't understand about Ted K, is why none of his previous decisions are being called into question despite having a disease that effects the brain itself. (There are lots of weird things that can happen when you start messing with the brain; personality disorders, altered states of consiousness, the loss of/or altered memories, etc.) And, why is it that after this man has had part of his brain actually cut away is he welcomed back into a decision-making job with power over millions of people, and one where he hopes to further affect the course of the nation by going on to author future legislation?

Patent Member
    Gee, it doesn't sound like he was wishing Ted ill, or hoping he croaks from the tumor. Just sounds like he was having a bit of fun at Ted's expense. Classless, sure, but nothing like the hate we regularly see from the Left.

Look at the celebration from the left over this, "our prayers have been answered," "there is a god," "there goes her social life."

Yeah, that really compares to one Conservative making a joke related to Kennedy's tumor.

Let's do a little thought-experiment. Consider the following statements, which many Conservatives (to my knowledge) agree with:

1. The death penalty is in many cases justified when the person in question is guilty of murder.
    2. To abstain from condemning a murderer, is to become an accessory to the murder of his victims.
    3. Abortion is murder.
    4. When the life of a liberal (who advocates abortion) is threatened, you should pray for him to get well.

I sense a fallacity in there, somewhere. It'd be interesting to hear which of the four statements you disagree with.
    Last edited by EricMartin; 11-26-2008 at 10:55 AM.
    "If you bound the arms and legs of gold-medal swimmer Michael Phelps, weighed him down with chains, threw him in a pool and he sank, you wouldn't call it a 'failure of swimming'. So, when markets have been weighted down by inept and excessive regulation, why call this a 'failure of capitalism'?"

Quote Originally Posted by EricMartin View Post
    Let's do a little thought-experiment. Consider the following statements, which many Conservatives (to my knowledge) agree with:

1. The death penalty is in many cases justified when the person in question is guilty of murder.
    2. To abstain from condemning a murderer, is to become an accessory to the murder of his victims.
    3. Abortion is murder.
    4. When the life of a liberal (who advocates abortion) is threatened, you should pray for him to get well.

I sense a fallacity in there, somewhere. It'd be interesting to hear which of the four statements you disagree with.
    There is no fallacy in agreeing with all those statements, you just need to get over the tunnel vision. Just because I disagree with someone, even on a major issue such as abortion, doesn't mean I wish them harm or take joy in their pain and suffering. An accessory to a crime would not necessarily merit the same punishment as the perpetrator, especially if that accessory is simply denying that the perp was wrong for committing the crime.

Take everything out of it's little compartments and look at the big picture.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Gee, it doesn't sound like he was wishing Ted ill, or hoping he croaks from the tumor. Just sounds like he was having a bit of fun at Ted's expense. Classless, sure, but nothing like the hate we regularly see from the Left.

Look at the celebration from the left over this, "our prayers have been answered," "there is a god," "there goes her social life."

Yeah, that really compares to one Conservative making a joke related to Kennedy's tumor.
    It really does... as someone else pointed out, we're talking broken jaw vs a deadly tumor... not exactly the same scale. People make light.

But OK... yea all liberals are classless, evil vile disgusting creatures... go republicans go!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    But OK... yea all liberals are classless, evil vile disgusting creatures... go republicans go!

Now you are making sense