1. #1 Ancient Earth History revealed - a giant scar under the American Midwest 
    https://source.wustl.edu/2016/09/a-terrible-rift/

The farmers in Minnesota have a point when they wonder what an “earthquake sensor” could detect in an area where there are no earthquakes. The answer is that the seismometers record distant earthquakes, such as those on the Pacific Ring of Fire on the opposite side of the planet, and ambient noise, caused by activity such as powerful storms slamming into the Jersey Shore.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Back in 2011, there was a 2.5 earthquake near where I live in Minnesota. It happened at 2:20 a.m., though, and I slept right through it. Other people around the area reported experiencing it, though. It was pretty big news given the rarity of earthquakes in the upper Midwest. Had this happened in California, the response would be like the restaurant scene from "L.A. Story."
    Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    https://source.wustl.edu/2016/09/a-terrible-rift/

The farmers in Minnesota have a point when they wonder what an “earthquake sensor” could detect in an area where there are no earthquakes. The answer is that the seismometers record distant earthquakes, such as those on the Pacific Ring of Fire on the opposite side of the planet, and ambient noise, caused by activity such as powerful storms slamming into the Jersey Shore.
    America's low-frequency radar HQ for both oceans was located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula for decades. -Goes through bedrock like it doesn't exist. It was also used for submarine-communication via low-megahertz radio transmitting.

The info became 'public' when people began complaining about mysterious humming that would constantly occur for no apparent reason.