1. #1 House Committee Votes to Form A New 6th Military Branch 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Not a joke. It's real.

After hours of deliberation Wednesday, the House Armed Services Committee decided to move forward with the creation of a sixth branch of the military. The Space Corps branch, which would fall under the control of the Air Force, would handle any military operations in orbit. As you might imagine, there are those who stoutly against this change.

Rep. Mike Turner initially purposed an amendment that would stop the creation of Space Corps. The Air Force also spoke out in opposition to the sixth military branch, which would be their responsibility, stating that it would become an unnecessary bureaucracy, per reports from The Hill.

Last week, Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson spoke on behalf of the Air Force when she commented that Space Corps would likely result in a branch that is “more complex, add more boxes to the organization chart and cost more money.”

Members of the Armed Services Committee insisted that they have carefully considered the idea of a Space Corps and are not simply jumping in without any research. However, there were committee members who told the press that they were unaware of what Space Corp even was prior to Wednesday night, according to the Washington Examiner.

https://federalnewsradio.com/defense...s-space-corps/

Klaatu barada nikto

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Well, they can't turn IJN Yamato into a space going warship. Her magazine detonated when she capsized, blowing her into two pieces.

Last edited by Zathras; 07-03-2017 at 09:59 PM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I just wish they would make money available to get a Mars landing made before I croak, it would be one more once in a lifetime project witnessed by a lot of us old people. Just look at the accomplishments made since the late 40s, we've witnessed more history than any other era. It wasn't but 50 years ago that little handheld talking device in star trek was no more than a movie prop.

I'm not really looking forward to a Mars trip in my lifetime or my grandsons. I just don't think a one-way trip will be worth it.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

I must be pretty stupid... I'm obviously missing something.

If it will be under the Air Force then why the hell even bother? Just let it be part of the Air Force's mission!