Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 US military analysis suggests North Korea launched a 'probable' ICBM 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Barbara Starr and Ryan Browne, CNN
    Updated 2:12 PM ET, Tue July 4, 2017

(CNN) US military analysts believe North Korea's launched a "probable" two-stage intercontinental ballistic missile on Tuesday, according to a US official with knowledge of the ongoing post-launch analysis.

The initial analysis by the US indicates the North Koreans launched an intermediate, a single-stage KN-17 missile. The ongoing assessment suggests a second stage booster did ignite and produced 30 seconds of additional flight.

The missile flew over 550 miles before splashing down west of Japan, according to the source.

Trump administration national security, military and diplomatic officials are continuing to hold a series of unexpected July 4 meetings to discuss what options might be needed if it is determined for certain that North Korea conducted an intercontinental ballistic missile test, several administration officials tell CNN.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    The little fat boy is going to get spanked soon and I see that the new South Korean President has his mind back, I wonder who told him to get with the program or else ? Maybe their elections are like ours and they just say things to get votes then once elected it's business as usual. I can't see how they could still think the north would ever be friendly to them, they would all be killed or used as slave labor as they already are doing with 150,000 in the gulags. Looking at the results of one American just sent home dead from their gulags should be a good yard stick as to who they're dealing with.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Taking out the ICBM program will probably not
    be that big a deal.

It's what do you do about stopping Seoul from
    being shelled to dust and killing gods know
    how many people.

Would taking out Kim and his top Generals
    be enough?

And then there is China and its reaction.
    May the FORCE be with you!

All I can say is the cruise missile industry will be booming if something cranks up , no pun intended !

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    If we do something it will be a fast overwhelming firestorm over North Korea.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If we do something it will be a fast overwhelming firestorm over North Korea.
    I read a force report about two years old and it says that North Korea has a daily output of petroleum of 100 barrels. His Military requires 17,000 per day to function in wartime and now that China has petroleum stopped they don't have much left. They have a listed 21,000 artillery pieces compared to South Korea having 11,000 but no size of the artillery and or age and gauge . Less than 600 airplanes and most if not all are in serious maintenance need so remain grounded. They have 77 submarines all the old WWII diesel class and not very modern. They have a huge number of foot soldiers but there again it would be a long walk to the DMZ . In their case having larger numbers in arms and manpower is not a blessing if they can't move it or feed it and they can do neither at this time. So I would say the first targets would be those artillery sites that are close to Seoul which are in that 25 mile range but to say I have 21,000 artillery pieces don't necessarily mean they have an edge. They are poorly clothed and fed and probably not in the best of moods when they see how fat the illustrious leader is. It would not surprise me to see a coup should something go down, some attempt to keep their little piece of heaven. They have fake cities built to fool the west and it is obvious when you look at these little cities and see no one walking around and absolutely no cars. They have one 10 lane freeway and the photo shows one little beat up Russian car. Everything there is a fake front, I guess they haven't heard about satellite imagery

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    They need to be put out of their misery, quite literally.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Taking out the ICBM program will probably not
    be that big a deal.

It's what do you do about stopping Seoul from
    being shelled to dust and killing gods know
    how many people.

Would taking out Kim and his top Generals
    be enough?

And then there is China and its reaction.
    Bingo!

China is the key. They aren't going to do anything decisive because they are nice guys and like us.. We have to give them something in return or offer them something they will find even less palatable. Best suggestion that I have heard lately was made by Dr. Krauthammer. Tell the Chinese that we are considering nuclear arms for South Korea and/or Japan. If they don't move, go public with the proposal; f*** the non-proliferation treaty. I doubt it would go that far. The Chinese are aware that Trump, like Reagan, means what he says. Remember when Reagan fired all of the air traffic controllers? The boys in the Kremlin went bananas because they realized that they were dealing with someone who didn't make idle threats.

North Korea are the dummies here, all day long.

We'll see how it goes. Kim'll be out in the open at some unexpected date.

There'll still be a The Hunt For Kim scenario after the strikes. So we'll be on the ground at some point. It'll be quite evident then that all China is... is Talk.

I wonder if any Libs & Progs in Seattle, Portland, SF/Berserkeley, and the Land of LA have had the presence of mind to rethink Clinton's and Obama's slowdowns of the various "Star Wars" anti-missile systems. I doubt many have, but maybe a few?
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.