Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    first hand experiance that Unions are nothing more than money sucking, power hungry do nothings. all they did was keep people that don't deserve to keep their jobs there and people that worked hard didn't give a damn about, expeically if the stuarts didn't like you. take the money out of your pocket (mine was $60 a month) cause animosity between Labor and the Employees. and it costs the company more money in the long run, giving up your ablity to negoiate your own salary is giving up your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    first hand experiance that Unions are nothing more than money sucking, power hungry do nothings. all they did was keep people that don't deserve to keep their jobs there and people that worked hard didn't give a damn about, expeically if the stuarts didn't like you. take the money out of your pocket (mine was $60 a month) cause animosity between Labor and the Employees. and it costs the company more money in the long run, giving up your ablity to negoiate your own salary is giving up your freedom.
    There are a few companies that ended up with unions because they deserved them, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Where I work, they have kept the wages higher, to keep the unions out, so I guess I actually benefit from unions. :D

In my experience unions protect the inept - pursue political agenda's I do NOT agree with - and represent the interests of the union bosses and not the members. Unions serve a purpose - if they are SMALL. But the bigger the union the lest they serve the purpose and the more they serve their own interests.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    In my experience unions protect the inept - pursue political agenda's I do NOT agree with - and represent the interests of the union bosses and not the members. Unions serve a purpose - if they are SMALL. But the bigger the union the lest they serve the purpose and the more they serve their own interests.
    Unions had their use and purpose before laws protecting workers were enacted. Unions have evolved from useful organizations to being the very problem with American business. They need to go, ask Govenment Motors.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Unions had their use and purpose before laws protecting workers were enacted. Unions have evolved from useful organizations to being the very problem with American business. They need to go, ask Govenment Motors.
    I think unions can be effective STILL - provided they are SMALL and the bosses are unpaid.

I think unions can be effective STILL - provided they are SMALL and the bosses are unpaid.
    What does that mean? If they are small? Like a union cares about small fries! Unions think big and are big! There is no use for unions anymore, they can only be effective to ruin a business!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    What does that mean? If they are small? Like a union cares about small fries! Unions think big and are big! There is no use for unions anymore, they can only be effective to ruin a business!
    they can work as I said - if they are small. In house - singe shop - kinda deals.

they can work as I said - if they are small. In house - singe shop - kinda deals.
    Again, I don't follow. Single shop? I have a single shop, I wouldn't want it unionized. Where and how would it be benificial? Expound.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Again, I don't follow. Single shop? I have a single shop, I wouldn't want it unionized. Where and how would it be benificial? Expound.
    Ideally? It would save you trouble by having them self police - set agreed upon standards for pay raises and advancement - etc.

Ideally? It would save you trouble by having them self police - set agreed upon standards for pay raises and advancement - etc.
    So. I and my employees would give them free reign to dictate to us how the shop should be run and how I should base my pay scale? Shouldn't all that be left to the business owner and not an outside party? Under a union plan, which basically is not looking out for me, would more than likely handcuff me to make dire choices!