Thread: rJim Rogers on Fox Business

Hybrid View

1. #1 rJim Rogers on Fox Business 
    I strongly recommend the following interview with Jim Rogers on Fox Business, where he speaks about the recession. You don't need to be into economics to understand any of this – he presents his views very clearly, and I believe them to be the right ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1LbY...x=0&playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hn-c...eature=related
    "If you bound the arms and legs of gold-medal swimmer Michael Phelps, weighed him down with chains, threw him in a pool and he sank, you wouldn't call it a 'failure of swimming'. So, when markets have been weighted down by inept and excessive regulation, why call this a 'failure of capitalism'?"

I'm beginning to get scared. Hold me.:o:D

Actually this is frightening. Not the actual recession, the depression the Socalist Savior is getting ready to spring on us. I am actually in the market to buy a house but the retirement date is near and i'm not so sure. Maybe I'll wait and see.:(
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Between Bush and Obama, I don't know which one is worst. Paulson worked at Goldman Sachs and he certainly is bailing out his buddies at CITI and his former employer. Obama has Volker on his economic team who raised interest rates to 18% on home mortgages during the Carter years. Ouch, hope that's not what is coming our way.

I think Mr Rogers is correct. Giving money to these poorly run companies will not cure the problem. They need to go into bankruptcy and get rid of the dead wood like Rubin at CITI. Otherwise, in a few months, they will be back with their hand out for more billions.

Quote Originally Posted by EricMartin View Post
    I strongly recommend the following interview with Jim Rogers on Fox Business, where he speaks about the recession. You don't need to be into economics to understand any of this – he presents his views very clearly, and I believe them to be the right ones.
    Interesting video. Some of the stuff he said seemed a tad off-base, but most of it was on track. I only viewed the videos once & would have to go back to figure out what I didn't like. He seems to be way too trusting of Obummer and The Dimwits, though:

http://townhall.com/columnists/TomBo...d-trade_policy
    Recently, CEO Jim Rogers of Duke Energy – a coal dependent utility – participated in a press conference to voice his support of cap-and-trade legislation.

Rogers hopes a Congress run by Reid and Waxman and a President who promises to bankrupt his company will instead show mercy because he supported their cap-and-trade “solution.” Rogers’ fleeting effort is reminiscent of Neville Chamberlin’s failed appeasement strategy.

The European Union’s cap-and-trade experiment has been a resounding failure.
    Nothing says "idiot inside" better than an Obama/Biden bumper sticker.