1. #1 Journalists Should Avoid Using ‘Pro-life,’ ‘Terrorist,’ or ‘Migrant’ In News Stories 
    The Associated Press Stylebook, published by the Associated Press to provide reporting and language guidelines for journalists, has released a 2017 version that instructs journalists to refrain from using terms like "pro-life," "migrant," "refugee," "Islamist" and "terrorist” in their writing.

In her July 9 article, “How the AP Stylebook censors 'pro-life' and other conservative words,” published in The Hill, Rachel Alexander points out the obvious bias in the AP Stylebook.

“More often than not, style writers have been more interested in censoring conservative words while promoting language that liberals tend to favor,” said Alexander. “That's been especially true of the AP Stylebook published by The Associated Press. It's unfortunate, because that's the guide most journalists rely upon.”

Alexander points out that the Stylebook instructs journalists to change "pro-life" to "anti-abortion," because the AP Stylebook says to "[u]se anti-abortion instead of pro-life and pro-abortion rights instead of pro-abortion or pro-choice.”
    http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/annabel-...r-migrant-news

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    instructs journalists to refrain from using terms like "migrant," "refugee," "Islamist" and "terrorist” in their writing.
    Human debris would substitute well.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

The AP has no power over culture.

MSM folk use the term "Pro-Life"?! When?! Where?! They've been using "anti-abortion" for at least a decade or two (and have called Pro-Abortion people "Pro-Choice" since the 70s or 80s).
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    MSM folk use the term "Pro-Life"?! When?! Where?! They've been using "anti-abortion" for at least a decade or two (and have called Pro-Abortion people "Pro-Choice" since the 70s or 80s).
    The AP style guide is the standard that is taught in school. But you are correct, once one enters the working world, they don't follow it well.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    The AP has no power over culture.
    I heard a couple of journalists talking about this and they said most news outlets use this and follow it closely, no matter what wording they use when they write an article the editors of the publication will change it so it complies with the stylebook, it is the editor's bible.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

There is no such thing as journalistic integrity, anymore.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk