1. #1 When will it happen here... 
    If we should all learn one thing from the attacks in Mumbai, it is that we are not immune to such attacks. It would be quite easy for a dozen terrorists with AK-47s and grenades to wreak similar havoc in the US. I personally think that we will not make it to the end of 2009 without a similar attack happening here. Biden was right, these nuts are going to test Obama. They want to see how much they can get away with, and what a liberal pacifist will do in response. If anything.

We are a very free society. We love our freedom. We have our subways and our busses and our cars and our malls and our busy streets. Terrorists aimed on killing could gun down hundreds of Americans in mere minutes in our busiest cities. All the more reason we should not just allow, but PROMOTE concealed carry. There are only so many police, and in the time it takes them to respond to armed gunman lives are already lost on a massive scale.

Sadly, the liberals we just elected are going to do anything they can to prevent and prohibit law-abiding Americans from owning and carrying firearms. They are going to make us even more susceptible to attack, and much more complacent victims. But when the terrorist attacks like the one in Mumbai come to America, I hope we all wake up and see just how different the outcomes would be with an armed populace. Just a few people with the ability to defend themselves can save dozens, if not hundreds of lives.

America should wake up and realize that we are not immune to attacks such as these. And not only are we not immune, but we are the ultimate target. The grand prize for terrorism. They are on their way.

Act accordingly.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

They always pick what they consider easy targets. Not just the possibility, but probability of an armed public makes it a lot less easy.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    They always pick what they consider easy targets. Not just the possibility, but probability of an armed public makes it a lot less easy.
    Except in New York City. We can't carry guns there.

But at least elsewhere there is a chance of some shooting back.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    I went to take the class for a carry permit and you should have seen the number of people. The class was full. The people at the gun shop said that lately all the classes are full and people are packing some serious firepower after they get their permit.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I went to take the class for a carry permit and you should have seen the number of people. The class was full. The people at the gun shop said that lately all the classes are full and people are packing some serious firepower after they get their permit.
    I had to take the concealed carry class to get a permit when I lived in Florida. The course I took had a shooting component where you fired at different ranges and with strong and weak hand.

They still do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I had to take the concealed carry class to get a permit when I lived in Florida. The course I took had a shooting component where you fired at different ranges and with strong and weak hand.

They still do that?
    All you need to do is pass your hunting safety class, a finger print card, $117.00 and about a 6 month wait and you can get your concealed carry permit here. No shooting involved except for what you shoot in the hunter safety class.

On a side note, my friend, who owns the gun shop across the street was doing terrible about a month ago. He told me he can't order enough ar-15s or keep ammo on the shelf any more! I got his last 1000 rnds of .223!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    All you need to do is pass your hunting safety class, a finger print card, $117.00 and about a 6 month wait and you can get your concealed carry permit here. No shooting involved except for what you shoot in the hunter safety class.

On a side note, my friend, who owns the gun shop across the street was doing terrible about a month ago. He told me he can't order enough ar-15s or keep ammo on the shelf any more! I got his last 1000 rnds of .223!!
    I took the course at the Range beside Southside Gun in Jacksonville when the permits were first offered. I took it with a snub-osed Colt Detective Special .38.

That was a nice range. Don't knwow if it's still there or not. It was near the corner of Atlantic and University. Nice bagel shop around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post

The wait is now about 6 weeks.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl MBA View Post
    America should wake up and realize that we are not immune to attacks such as these. And not only are we not immune, but we are the ultimate target. The grand prize for terrorism. They are on their way.

Act accordingly.
    The election of Obama just goes to show you how many stupid people do not think 9/11 will never happen again. Many Americans have short memories. My number one reason for voting for McCain was that he was head and shoulders better as CIC. I predict that the terrorist will test our resolve in the next year or two with attacks on our home soil or on US facilities abroad.