1. #1 The Ford F-150 Police Responder pursuit-rated pickup is ready to hit the beat 
    http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/07/...-hit-beat.html

F-150’s FX4 off-road package, and equipped with a 375 hp twin-turbocharged V6 and Ford’s new 10-speed automatic transmission, so it should be pretty quick, although its top speed is governed at 100 mph.

This is badass!

sent from my jitter bug

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eismann82 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/07/...-hit-beat.html

F-150’s FX4 off-road package, and equipped with a 375 hp twin-turbocharged V6 and Ford’s new 10-speed automatic transmission, so it should be pretty quick, although its top speed is governed at 100 mph.

This is badass!

sent from my jitter bug

Yeah that's what I want, a 10 speed that cost me more than the vehicle it came in.... What good is a 10 speed when it only goes 100 mph , as an old automatic transmission repairman I have lost my way with all this silliness the manufacturers invented. Put my old 3/4 ton GMC with a 400 turbo side by side with that Ford, starting on the east coast and running full bore to the west coast , I will run that Ford until it's tongue is hanging out and everything inside that 10 speed will be sticking out thru the holes it made when it blew up. I think this is one of those deals like that new Osprey the Marines use, I wouldn't ride in that thing if someone offered to pay me. Engineering has gone completely the opposite direction over the past 30 years, not one thing we have is designed to be rugged or tough, they threw that out the window to give you a gallon of gas at the end of the year, they somehow forgot to tell you the cost to repair it would require a new bank loan. So I guess the younger generations really believe this is what good manufacturing is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    Yeah that's what I want, a 10 speed that cost me more than the vehicle it came in.... What good is a 10 speed when it only goes 100 mph , as an old automatic transmission repairman I have lost my way with all this silliness the manufacturers invented. Put my old 3/4 ton GMC with a 400 turbo side by side with that Ford, starting on the east coast and running full bore to the west coast , I will run that Ford until it's tongue is hanging out and everything inside that 10 speed will be sticking out thru the holes it made when it blew up. I think this is one of those deals like that new Osprey the Marines use, I wouldn't ride in that thing if someone offered to pay me. Engineering has gone completely the opposite direction over the past 30 years, not one thing we have is designed to be rugged or tough, they threw that out the window to give you a gallon of gas at the end of the year, they somehow forgot to tell you the cost to repair it would require a new bank loan. So I guess the younger generations really believe this is what good manufacturing is supposed to be.
    Sound like Henry Ford, he didn't want to change the original model T either

sent from my jitter bug

Quote Originally Posted by eismann82 View Post
    Sound like Henry Ford, he didn't want to change the original model T either

sent from my jitter bug
    It's true everything has become electronic, manufacturers have become more concerned with gas mileage more than towing power, but the F250s are pretty powerful, still workhorse oriented

sent from my jitter bug

I will probably get myself a motorized bicycle with a nice basket just to do my shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    I will probably get myself a motorized bicycle with a nice basket just to do my shopping.
    ROFL

sent from my jitter bug

I know this isn't the same vehicle as in the original post but ....

Eight Austin Police Officers Poisoned By Their Cars In Past Week – May Pull All Interceptors In Fleet

Due to continuing problems with Ford Explorers and carbon monoxide poisoning, Austin police officers have been advised by their union to drive them with the windows down, according to KXAN.

The issue is not new, and now the Austin Police Department is looking for temporary and permanent solutions. Ken Casaday, Austin Police Association president, sent out a letter on Friday, July 14, telling officers to drive the vehicles with their windows down. He said that if a police vehicle’s carbon monoxide detector goes off, that they should get out of the vehicle immediately, call an ambulance, and “have their blood drawn asap” for worker’s compensation purposes.

On Thursday, July 13, the Austin Police Department said that it is committed to taking action, after more than eight incidents have occurred in Ford Explorers in just over a week. In all of those incidents, Austin police officers have been treated and released.

The first reported exposure of an Austin police officer to carbon monoxide poisoning was in March. Since then, the city of Austin has spent $27,185 to install hard-wired carbon monoxide detectors in all city Ford Explorers, including police vehicles.

Austin Police Sergeant Zachary Lahood became severely ill due to carbon monoxide poisoning and has filed a lawsuit against Ford Motor Company, according to Fox News. Now he is so sick that he can’t work. Casaday said that Sergeant Lahood has “Vision issues, headaches, nausea, dizziness

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/austin-...rbon-monoxide/

Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post
    I know this isn't the same vehicle as in the original post but ....

Eight Austin Police Officers Poisoned By Their Cars In Past Week – May Pull All Interceptors In Fleet

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/austin-...rbon-monoxide/

Before I retired we called those Ford Exploder not Explorers