Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 President Trump just Tweeted 
    After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow..........Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming.........victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you

It's great to have a president that won't let those kind of politics and distractions into our military
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-military.html

sent from my jitter bug
    Last edited by eismann82; 07-26-2017 at 09:54 AM.

This is going to end up in the courts.

Trump plays the libs like fiddle. Time will tell if he is doing it for good or bad. Frankly, I'm starting to envision him as Catbert...

That being said, I don't think this is a bad thing. Medical costs, legalism arguments, social interaction issues, these are not what a military needs to be working on. They need to be kicking butt and taking names. Noonie is right, it will go to court, burning lots of dem/lib time, energy and cash.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    This is going to end up in the courts.
    And get booted right back out again.

The US-taxpayers aren't a wedding-bakery staff.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    And get booted right back out again.

The US-taxpayers aren't a wedding-bakery staff.

It won't get thrown out. It'll probably go all the way to the USSC. GLBTQ advocacy groups have lots of lawyers and deep pockets. They will file the first lawsuit in a liberal court's jurisdiction, to make sure that they get the initial ruling they want and then the federal government/military will appeal it to the next level.

6. #6 Trump Announces Ban on Transgender People in the U.S. Military 
    President Donald Trump announced via Twitter that he is not allowing transgender people to serve in the U.S. military, a reversal of former President Obama’s decision last year to let them serve.
    In a series of tweets, he said:

“After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical cost and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-u-s-military/

Sorry Duplicate Post. Thread already opened in General Discussions

more winning!!!
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It won't get thrown out. It'll probably go all the way to the USSC. GLBTQ advocacy groups have lots of lawyers and deep pockets. They will file the first lawsuit in a liberal court's jurisdiction, to make sure that they get the initial ruling they want and then the federal government/military will appeal it to the next level.
    The mission of the Military is to make loud noises, break things and kill people. It is not a petri dish for social experiments or a place for tax payer dollars to be wasted on people who are fighting biology.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    The mission of the Military is to make loud noises, break things and kill people. It is not a petri dish for social experiments or a place for tax payer dollars to be wasted on people who are fighting biology.
    Very well stated, Dir Pyro ...

Especially your second sentence, "It is not a petri dish for social experiments or a place for tax payer dollars to be wasted on people who are fighting biology."

... times a thousand!

American By Choice ~ 1980

I had an issue with men going into the women's bathrooms, but not this. If you can beat somebody's ass, be trained to beat somebody's ass, or be trained to be able to shoot ISIS at long range, then you should be allowed to join.

And what about the transgender people already part of the military? Does their service not matter? It looks to me like it's being spit on.