Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Don't know if anyone noticed I was gone but I am alive! Lightening hit my computer and it is DEAD. (Smoke and burning smell - :()

Don't know when I will be back, stopped at my Mom's just to say hello to everyone.

Happpy Birthday vetwife, tomorrow is my day. Maybe the computer gods will send me a new laptop!
    Had noticed you weren't posting, but thought you were busy. Can you turn it in as an insurance claim or would the deductible be larger than buying a new computer?

TOTD: I've been very lucky in my little perennial garden around the patio outside the French doors in the bedroom. Everything came back from last year, in fact absolutely thriving. Even the chives came back in this almost 3 foot tall strawberry pot. They've returned for over 5 years now.

My veggie garden is thriving. Have 5 tomato plants and 3 pepper plants in large pots on the patio. The strawberry pot has basil, thyme, chives, rosemary, 2 kinds of mint, oregano, parsley and cilantro all growing from the little individual pockets on the side of the pot. I use them almost every day for cooking.

Banned
    After a nice, sunny, moderate day here in the Commie Cesspool, it's just starting to rain as my train is pulling out of Penn Station on my way back to the megalopolis. One night in my own bed then back down here for a late night tomorrow wining and dining the client.

TOTD: I realliy don't like plants and gardening as I hate getting my hands dirty (literally, not figuratively). One of the most horrendous tasks I ever undertook was to sod the backyard of a house I bought in Florida, many years ago. Talk about a filthy, dirty job!

My feelings about plants can be summed up by Basil Fawlty:

Basil: Polly, what's that smell?
    Polly: Flowers, I just got them from the garden.
    Basil: Well, what are you stinking the place up with those for? What's happened to the plastic ones?
    Polly: Being ironed.

:D

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    my attempts to grow plants is akin to the attempt of the Donner Party to cross the Sierra
    only without the happy ending
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.