1. #1 The bottom rung of society... 
    Is the Wal Mart shopper.

And not just the average Wal Mart shopper, but the ones that line up at 5 am to save $40.

A temporary Wal-Mart employee was trampled to death in a rush of thousands of early morning shoppers as he and other employees attempted to unlock the doors of a Long Island, New York, store at 5 a.m., police said.

Video showed as many as a dozen people knocked to the floor in the stampede of people trying to get into the Wal-Mart store, Fleming said.

The employee was "stepped on by hundreds of people" as other workers attempted to fight their way through the crowd, Fleming said.

"Several minutes" passed before others were able to clear space around the man and attempt to render aid. Police arrived, and "as they were giving first aid, those police officers were also jostled and pushed," he said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/28/bla...nce/index.html
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I think about this. My brother used to work at Walmart.

This is one of those things I would not have been able to make up if it had not actually happened. I don't get it.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I think about this. My brother used to work at Walmart.

This is one of those things I would not have been able to make up if it had not actually happened. I don't get it.
    Doesnt surprise me one bit.

These are people willing to sacrifice hours of time, and any remaining shed of self esteem and pride, to save a few bucks. A human life is not going to stand in their way.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

I don't believe for a second that any of the crowd would consider a human life less important than a "Low, Low Price". Retailers hype the super early shopping hours as a means for shoppers to get great bargains. I remember a time when a savings of $40 would have been huge. Make or break, actually.

People need to control themselves and take responsibility but WalMart could have prevented this fairly easily. 10 rent-a-cops for the first couple hours and this would never have happened.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.