1. #1 Academic Demands That Heteronormative Behavior Be Disrupted 
    The situation is dire and requires radical measures. It has come to light that preschools are rife with heteronormativity:

A University of Michigan instructor recently claimed that preschool classrooms are rife with “heteronormativity” that perpetuates “inequalities related to gender.”

Heidi M. Gansen, a Ph.D. student who teaches sociology at UMich, advanced these claims in a July 14 article that examines the prevalence of “heteronormativity” in a set of nine Michigan preschool classrooms she visited.

Brace yourself for a description of the appalling thought crimes she discovered:

Playing “house,” for instance, is one area in which Gansen observed “heteronormativity” in the … preschool setting, noting that only girls would imitate mothers while only boys would play fathers. If a girl asked to be the husband of the household, she would be quickly rebuffed by her peers, Gansen observed, lamenting that “children did not allow cross-gender roles
    I'd love to back to college somewhere with instructors like this. It would be so much fun to get up and walk out of the class laughing.

http://moonbattery.com/?p=86684

When my brother had his first kids, his twin girls, he and his wife had this whole rule about gifts of toys being "non gender specific". He didn't want them to have dolls, especially Barbies, he didn't want them to have pink clothes, and their room was decorated in all greens and yellows.

Then he had a son. My sister asked if the same applied, and she could get a pink shirt for his son. My brother said "hell, no".

So even with super-liberals like my brother, there are limits. And, one of those twins is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Then he had a son. My sister asked if the same applied, and she could get a pink shirt for his son. My brother said "hell, no".

The old double standard, lol.