1. #1 Where Would You Relocate for a Job? 
    Imagine you were offered a dream job that required you to relocate to your favorite city. Which city would it be? And why?

If you're like most Americans, you might select New York, San Diego, or San Francisco, according to a soon-to-be released survey of 2,500 employees and entrepreneurs across the nation by the Human Capital Institute, a Washington-based think tank and professional association largely made up of human resources professionals.
    http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/wh...for-a-job.html

Las Vegas was #4, due to a huge drop in home prices.

Suburban Atlanta (Northwest); Good salaries, low unemployment, affordable housing, good public schools, nice climate, damn nice people and REPUBLICAN. What more could you want? I've lived in several other parts of the country and this is my favorite by far.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

What a lame article! The lead says that workers prefer to move to New York or San Francisco and then the body says that people hate the idea of moving to New York.

The article also says that big city folks don't like moving to towns or suburbs. I'm guessing this is pretty much like the antipathy small town and rural people had toward big cities 100 years ago. It's scary. After all, if you moved to a town, someone might say, "Hi!" or bring you a plate of cookies when you moved in. You might have to be civil. It's possible you could be bored by the lack of assault attempts in a given week.

A new job that makes me relocate to my "favorite" city? Ok, I choose the one that is 5 miles from my house.

Outside of that, I would take Chicago, Boston, or London.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Suburban Atlanta (Northwest); Good salaries, low unemployment, affordable housing, good public schools, nice climate, damn nice people and REPUBLICAN. What more could you want? I've lived in several other parts of the country and this is my favorite by far.
    I lived in Smyrna GA for a couple of months and loved it. Seriously considering a move shortly close to the beach in Orange Beach Al.

I've lived in 9 different states and 4 different countries. I'd move anywhere for the right job.
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I lived in Smyrna GA for a couple of months and loved it. Seriously considering a move shortly close to the beach in Orange Beach Al.
    Just a little north of you in Acworth. I love this part of Cobb County. I've lived in Redondo Beach, Left Coast; Wash DC, New Orleans and a few other places that I hardly remember. This is my favorite. :)
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.