Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    Blinky! You old dog! Glad to see you!

As far as I know, Christians don't actually kill their wayward sisters, send their girl children off to marriages in foreign countries, or genitally mutilate young girls. You may have missed that whole rioting and killing over a cartoon image that happened in Europe. Also, the almost continual private property destruction in France over trivial issues talked about in the papers (I guess they still read 'papers' over there) may have escaped your attention.

I live 60 miles away from the headquarters of Focus On The Family. Oddly, none of those people have forced me off the street for a high hem or a liquor purchase. Go figure.
    http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/...c&pqatl=google

Domestic terrorism is still terrorism. A country with these swine who think people who they disagree with should die isn't one I'm proud to live in.

I don't know why TX CP$ is appealling. They approved this molester to be a CASA. Hmmm...could it be the fact that they are losing Title IV funding for their 400 new "clients"?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/...c&pqatl=google

Domestic terrorism is still terrorism. A country with these swine who think people who they disagree with should die isn't one I'm proud to live in.
    You have to use a case from 1988 to justify your statement....pathetic

CPS really overstepped on this case big time. The biggest loser in this is the Texas taxpayer. CPS's overzealousness in this case is the prime reason that the agency needs to be overhauled big time. As to Warren's, prosecute his butt to the full extent of the law, but do not lump all 400 children in one case.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Im more afraid of Christians than I am of Muslims. The radical way in which the Christian right of America threatens violence against anybody who disagrees with them doesnt sit well with me.
    That's a bit over the top. The documented cases of actual acts of violence by Muslim extremeists makes them seem more likely to draw fear from someone.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    That's a bit over the top. The documented cases of actual acts of violence by Muslim extremeists makes them seem more likely to draw fear from someone.
    Well, some fundie somewhere would probably do something horrible to 'lids, don't you know...like pray for him/her/it, or something. :D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Well, some fundie somewhere would probably do something horrible to 'lids, don't you know...like pray for him/her/it, or something. :D
    That makes CHRISTians all too dangerous to liberals and even more than radical Muslims that want to chop off their heads for not being radical Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Court: Sect children to return to their parents
    About 440 children seized from West Texas polygamist compound

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24878696/

I feel sick.
    Have you seen the pictures of Jeffs (their PROPHET) kissing his 12 and 14 year olf wives???
    Saw it numerous time on FoxNews. It gets me sick. It makes you wonder about our courts.

Quote Originally Posted by CLibertarian View Post
    That makes CHRISTians all too dangerous to liberals and even more than radical Muslims that want to chop off their heads for not being radical Muslims.
    Well, of course. A Muslim probably won't do anything worse than kill them. A Christian will spend 40 years helping them out and praying for them...and may even **gasp** proselytize!! Obviously, we're far more terrifying. :D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Saw it numerous time on FoxNews. It gets me sick. It makes you wonder about our courts.
    I agree that those pics were sickening...but should those child brides now be losing their children over the actions of this creep that is in prison? Punish the wrong-doers, not the victims and the kids.
    -
    -
    -