Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Darrell Issa politicizes Russertís death. 
    ISSA: We are going to miss Tim Russert when it comes to the people on both sides of the issue of why we have $5 oil ó $5 gasoline and $135 oil. I think Tim Russert would have been just the right guy to hold people accountable, who would talk about the 68 million acres that are, quote, inactive, while in fact 41 million are under current lease and use and are producing millions of barrels of oil and natural gas a day.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/06/17/issa-russert/
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA)
    So, Madam Speaker, I am going to miss Tim Russert because this debate is too important not to have a fact-oriented, unbiased moderator who could in fact bring to bear the truth that we need to have.
    Seems to be an admirer of Russerts. Kind of a stretch to say he's politicizing his death.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the NaÔve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    Seems to be an admirer of Russerts. Kind of a stretch to say he's politicizing his death.

Did you actually watch the entire video to see how many times he used Timís name?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    What an amazingly unbiased source! I can't wait for your post bemoaning the lack of dead soldiers' bodies being paraded on the nightly news.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    What an amazingly unbiased source!]
    Did you actually watch the entire video to see how many times he used Timís name?

Patent Member
    Were any Democrats politicizing his death? What, exactly, went on before or after the video?

Given only that video, and the limited context of Rep. Issa's statements, I would have to say it was an inappropriate time to raise such concerns. Of course, Thinkprogress is a left-wing website dedicated to attacking Republicans and throwing out Democrat talking points, so I wouldn't trust their assessment to be fair and unbiased.

EVERY comment he makes about the late Mr. Russert was positive. I say again, he seems to be an admirer of Mr. Russerts. Do you have comprehension problems?

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the NaÔve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    EVERY comment he makes about the late Mr. Russert was positive. I say again, he seems to be an admirer of Mr. Russerts. Do you have comprehension problems?

Do you not have the capacity to understand that this personís just a whore?

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Were any Democrats politicizing his death? What, exactly, went on before or after the video?

Given only that video, and the limited context of Rep. Issa's statements, I would have to say it was an inappropriate time to raise such concerns. Of course, Thinkprogress is a left-wing website dedicated to attacking Republicans and throwing out Democrat talking points, so I wouldn't trust their assessment to be fair and unbiased.
    For fuckís sake - canít you grasp this was on C-SPAN? The manís a cheap whore!

Do you not have the capacity to understand that this personís just a whore?
    He's a member of Congress, so that goes w/o saying.