Thread: Darrell Issa politicizes Russertís death.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    For fuckís sake - canít you grasp this was on C-SPAN? The manís a cheap whore!
    Oh? It was on C-SPAN? Well then it should be easy for you to find video of the entire discussion so his comments can be placed in proper context. Then a determination can be made as to whether his comments were a reasonable response, or politicking during what should be a solemn occasion.

Withholding judgement until you know all the facts. I know it's not something you Democrats do very well, but at least try this time.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Oh? It was on C-SPAN? Well then it should be easy for you to find video of the entire discussion so his comments can be placed in proper context. Then a determination can be made as to whether his comments were a reasonable response, or politicking during what should be a solemn occasion.

Withholding judgement until you know all the facts. I know it's not something you Democrats do very well, but at least try this time.

All Issa did was express his regret that Mr. Russerts death creates the need for an unbiased moderator for debating issues. I guess LP wants a biased moderator.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the NaÔve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    All Issa did was express his regret that Mr. Russerts death creates the need for an unbiased moderator for debating issues. I guess LP wants a biased moderator.

So Mr. Issa didn't say anything about off-shore drilling? Are you dim?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    So Mr. Issa didn't say anything about off-shore drilling? Are you dim?

In the context of Mr. Russert being able to moderate the debate thereof. God, you ARE dense.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the NaÔve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    In the context of Mr. Russert being able to moderate the debate thereof. God, you ARE dense.

Using an honored dead manís name to push your agenda is simply chickenshit.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Stop with the silly bullshit - if it were a politician from another party, youíd be on it like flies on shit, so just stop it. Tim's not cold in the ground and this reconfirms the image of Republicans being greedy whores - just admit it.

noonwitch
    Were any Democrats politicizing his death? What, exactly, went on before or after the video?

Given only that video, and the limited context of Rep. Issa's statements, I would have to say it was an inappropriate time to raise such concerns. Of course, Thinkprogress is a left-wing website dedicated to attacking Republicans and throwing out Democrat talking points, so I wouldn't trust their assessment to be fair and unbiased.

Everyone I've seen so far from both parties has had nothing but nice things to say about Russert, including both presidential candidates, President Bush, and the Clintons.

I feel bad for Luke Russert, because everytime he turns around, someone is sticking a microphone in his face.