1. #1 Universities Slash Standards with Goal of Boosting Diversity 
    On Monday, Georgetown University’s School of Law announced that it would no longer require applicants to provide Law School Admission Test (LSAT) scores and that Graduate Record Examinations (GREs) would be accepted instead, as part of a move designed to increase diversity.

“While the LSAT remains an important admissions tool, we also believe that it is well past time that the legal profession open wide the doors to an even more diverse population that better reflects American society as a whole,” said Dean of Admissions Andy Cornblatt in an official statement posted by the school. “We think that allowing the use of the GRE will help us to accomplish that goal.”

Dean William Treanor reiterated the motivation of the school to drop the requirement in order to boost diversity

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/u...ing-diversity/

It is not cheap to take the LSAT, either.

I don't know how much the test is worth next to grades and work history. A lot of people go to law school later in life, not right after getting their bachelor degree. So they are not necessarily at their prime testing capacity, but are prepared for law school by their work experience-a lot of my ex-coworkers went to law school after working at this job for a time. This job has a strong legal component, as do others, and that might not show up on a test, but will do so in an interview.

I don't read this as a statement for students who just graduated from college.

I read it as a statement that anybody who applies to Georgetown Law School at anytime in their lives no longer needs to take the LSAT.