1. #1 Another NFL Players Goes Down For Alleged Domestic Violence 
    NFL star and Cowboy’s running back, Ezekiel Elliot has been suspended 6 games following a conclusion by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell

In a letter to Elliott advising him of the decision, Todd Jones, the NFL’s Special Counsel for Conduct, said these advisors “were of the view that there is substantial and persuasive evidence supporting a finding that [Elliott] engaged in physical violence against Ms. Thompson on multiple occasions during the week of July 16, 2016.”

After reviewing the record, and having considered the views of the independent advisors, the commissioner determined that the credible evidence established that Elliott engaged in conduct that violated NFL policy.

Elliott may appeal this decision within three days. If he does not appeal, Elliott’s suspension will begin September 2, the day of final roster reductions for NFL teams. He is eligible to participate in all preseason practices and games. Elliott will be eligible to return to the team’s active roster on Monday, October 23 following the Cowboys’ Sunday, October 22 game against the San Francisco 49ers
    I dint dooz niffin'

https://downtrend.com/markeece/anoth...estic-violence

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Boy I won't even try to say anything, except they can be thankful they aren't playing for Tom Landry because he didn't put up with the thugs. I still remember him firing that one player on the field when he was hamming it up for the cameras while the team was actually losing the game, Landry didn't play that stuff.

As significant as Kaep is in the NFL's recent loss of fans, player thuggishness has been another reason. And the NFL turned a blind eye to it so long that the long-delayed crack-downs hurt teams (the 49ers being one team that lost several star players who were out of control off the field).
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    Boy I won't even try to say anything, except they can be thankful they aren't playing for Tom Landry because he didn't put up with the thugs. I still remember him firing that one player on the field when he was hamming it up for the cameras while the team was actually losing the game, Landry didn't play that stuff.
    That is something that had been lost recently. Coaches and manglers were afraid that if they canned their own troublemakers, other teams would not, and even hire the better players among the canned troublemakers. IOW, that decent team discipline would come back to haunt them.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

[rant on]This is one of the reasons I no longer watch or follow the NFL or really any of the US pro team sports. And I specifically fault the new HoF inductee Jerry Jones and his attitudes for a lot of the bulls**t going on today. He's out front right now favoring his flaky player when anyone with the faintest sense of decency would never have hired such a low life and definitely would have fired the clown for half of what he's done.[/rant off]
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    Oh really? Because Bob Lilly was a thuggish as they came. Bo Svenson's portrayal of Jo Bob was supposedly a spot on portrayal of Lilly. Also, Landry looked the other way when it came to steroids and other PHD's as well as narcotics.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Oh really? Because Bob Lilly was a thuggish as they came. Bo Svenson's portrayal of Jo Bob was supposedly a spot on portrayal of Lilly. Also, Landry looked the other way when it came to steroids and other PHD's as well as narcotics.
    Pardon my French but bulls**t. I was an ardent fan and supporter for the entire Landry reign. I met and talked with Bob Lilly and others there on more than one occasion. He was as good a man as there was.

And a helluva fishing guide.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi