1. #1 VA Secretary vows to fire person he just fired in April 
    When President Trump came into office and decided to keep David Shulkin on as the head of the VA I had some misgivings about leaving an Obama holdover in such a critical spot. But he pleasantly surprised me by picking up the mission as defined by the new president and moving to clean things up at the VA. Rules were changed to make it easier to fire poor performers and Shulkin quickly got to work cleaning house. One item on the agenda wound up being the matter of Brian Hawkins, an executive at the VA’s D.C. medical center. He had allegedly been discovered sending sensitive information to private email accounts belonging to himself and his wife, along with “irregularities” in the ordering and handling of medical material. After an investigation, Shulkin moved to fire him for, “allegedly failing to exercise effective oversight, follow instructions, follow policy, and for lack of candor.”

So, a job well done, right? Identify the problem and get rid of it. So we’re ready to move on with the next challenge. Well… not so fast there, buddy. Hawkins is back in the employ of the agency (although in an administrative roll not dealing with patients) and it looks like Shulkin is going to have to fire him again. And the culprits here are our old friends on the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB).
    http://hotair.com/archives/2017/08/1...t-fired-april/

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    The VA is something I just totally hate, it is the most costly sham ever devised by government. Once a very long time ago it was working as it was supposed to work but then all of a sudden it became a payback system for politicians to award people who helped one get elected. One great example is our National Cemeteries that just about every large city has , the president started handing out positions to people who were about as qualified to run the cemetery as one of the stiffs in the same grounds. The kenyan sent a black chicago woman to Houston and the first thing she did was to remove all the bibles from the chapel and she went one step further and notified all personnel of the cemetery and civilians who participated in burials such as clergy and others, that they would now have to submit their eulogies to her to be approved and the word GOD was not allowed. Yeah this is the type of people we pay, well that lasted about 12 hours until it hit the Texas AG, he filed an immediate lawsuit on the VA and in less than an hour the VA no contested it and ordered that idiot to cease her atheist practices, they still let the bitch keep her appointment and it just burns me up that we citizens have to accept some outsider like this silly bitch rather than hire a born resident to run our national cemeteries. To talk about the healthcare is a totally different issue, and it is the worst one could imagine. I hate the VA so much my blood pressure actually goes up to even talk about them. I hope they get completely dismantled and veterans can have real healthcare. It is a total waste of money to continue feeding this out of control sham that so many politicians ruined.