1. #1 Largest UK Navy carrier security under review after amateur lands drone on deck 
    Security will be reviewed at the aircraft carrier ‘HMS Queen Elizabeth’ after a photo enthusiast landed a small drone aboard the largest ship in the Royal Navy and remained undetected, the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) said

The incident happened when the ‘Queen Elizabeth’, which is to be commissioned by the Royal Navy later this year, was docked in the Scottish port of Invergordon in July.

A local amateur photographer saw the arrival of the warship, which cost the £3 billion (US$3.9 billion), as a great opportunity to obtain some footage.

The man, who opted to remain anonymous, told the Daily Mail he was “amazed” that he managed to land his DJI Phantom quadcopter drone aboard the 70,000-tonne vessel and then take off again without being detected.

There was no-one about to prevent it from landing although there were security police around in small boats who were waving at the drone… There was absolutely no one around when I landed, it was like a ghost ship,” the photographer told the Daily Mail.

In a separate interview with the BBC, he said: “I could have been anybody… I could have carried 2 kilos of Semtex [plastic explosive] and left it on the deck.”
    https://www.rt.com/uk/399419-uk-carrier-drone-landing/

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This should be a damn loud wake up call!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

It must be nice having that kind of money. If I were to pull a stupid stunt like that I doubt I would get the drone back. Then again I can imagine that would be the least of my problems.