1. #1 Victims, Neighbors Fear Convicted Killer Who Escaped From Michigan Jail in Underwear 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    BIG RAPIDS, Mich. Mike Korpal knows firsthand just how dangerous jail escapee Jonathan Good is.

Good, who escaped from the Mecosta County Jail earlier this week, was considered the ringleader of a group that broke into Korpal's Morley home in March.

Authorities say he had Korpal and his wife bound with duct tape and threatened to kill them. The robbers, looking for weapons, prescription drugs and cash, returned days later and fired multiple gunshots into the house, hitting Korpal's wife in the leg.

Mike Korpal doubts Good would return to his home, but said he poses a danger to others.

"If he happens to get a hold of a gun, he could be holding a family hostage right now," Korpal told The Grand Press on Friday.

"He's killed before. This is not a guy you want to mess with."

Good, 36, got out through a skylight in the jail late Wednesday. He last was seen wearing white boxer shorts, a white T-shirt and rubber shoes. He may have obtained clothing and cut his hair, the Mecosta County sheriff's department said.

snip
    State records show Good got out of Michigan's prison system after serving sentences for second-degree murder and armed robbery for crimes committed in 1988.

He currently is charged with robbery, attempted murder and kidnapping.

Jeff Barker, who lives four blocks from the jail, said his wife is on edge. He thinks Good left the area. Still, he makes sure doors to his house and garage are locked.

"I guess he's a pretty bad guy, from what I've been told," Barker said.snip

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,459166,00.html

That's a pretty rural area, lots of places for the guy to hide. Sometimes, bears even wander that far south-maybe one will get him before he can hurt anyone else.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That's a pretty rural area, lots of places for the guy to hide. Sometimes, bears even wander that far south-maybe one will get him before he can hurt anyone else.

Seems like he passed by me and ended up getting caught down by you.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Rural yeah, but good thing about Michigan is if you get north of Flint just about everyone has at least 1 gun.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcarlton View Post
    Rural yeah, but good thing about Michigan is if you get north of Flint just about everyone has at least 1 gun.

There are plenty of people in my part of the state with guns. Too many people in metro Detroit die every year from gunshot wounds for it to be otherwise. A lot of my friends in Detroit have shotguns, because you don't need a permit to keep one around.

I'm pretty sure that a good number of my neighbors in Warren have guns. There's a gun shop on the corner of 9 Mile and Ryan, just up the street from me.