Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Those who can't stand Christmas Kand R here" 
    LINK

norepubsin08 (1000+ posts) Sat Nov-29-08 06:07 PM
    Original message
    Those who can't stand Christmas Kand R here
    Edited on Sat Nov-29-08 06:21 PM by norepubsin08
    What with the Wal-Mart employee being trampled to death, the shootings at a Toys R Us, having to listen to screwed up Christmas music, the Christmas wars upon us, having to buy more stuff than we can afford, extra usage of electricity for Christmas when that could saved, watching stupid Christmas specials on tv and the incredible phoniness of many who act like that they when during the rest of the year they couldn't give a shit about anybody but themselves...K & R here if you can't stand the XMAS Season!!!!
    I'm so torn: laughter or scorn, which do these misanthropes deserve more?

IanDB1 (1000+ posts) Sat Nov-29-08 06:14 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. I used to like xmas until Captain Phonesex decided there was a war against it. n/t
    In response you decided you prove him right...that's how you got back at him?
    Froward69 (1000+ posts) Sat Nov-29-08 06:49 PM
    7. Bahh Fucking Humbug!!!
    no matter what you give someone it seems never enough. what you receive almost always turns out to have been on sale (incredibly cheap) or from a .99 cent store.

everyone paints on a plastic smile for one season a year.

If you somehow think "this year I will turn it around and make this the best Christmas ever"... inevitably by new years the attitude is "ban the damn holiday already"

the silver lining is it seems, is that the suicide rate goes up. (if only for one month.) a few neo-cons every year some enemies etc.
    Wow

ColbertWatcher (1000+ posts) Sat Nov-29-08 10:41 PM
    28. If "youth" is wasted on the "young" ...
    ... Christmas has been ruined by "Christians."
    Didn't you all just collectively orgasm at the polls while electing one of these terrible "Christians"?

southerncrone (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-30-08 04:21 AM
    69. I absolutely despise it!
    It is the most disgusting, disruptive activity we must endure.

You have nailed it perfectly!
    Occam Bandage (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-30-08 04:43 AM
    71. I would be highly suspicious of anyone who dislikes Christmas.
    Edited on Sun Nov-30-08 04:45 AM by Occam Bandage
    Nothing says self-importance like finding good things people like and declaring moral disdain for them.

Of course, I might as well saying "nothing says self-importance like posting on DU..."
    Uh oh hit alert someone grew a brain.
    When the doctor is out, Im in.

L0oniX (1000+ posts) Sat Nov-29-08 06:00 PM
    30. Christmas is a capitalist suckers game ...you loose!
    I will never participate in it.

Why is it that DUmmies love to jump on someone for the wrong context, misspelling or wrong use of "They're, there or their..." and bandy their proper use of grammar and spelling as a neon light proclaiming their genius to the world... Only to then post "...it's a capitalist game - You Loose."

I detest grammar and spelling Nazis myself. I have made more than one error on forum boards (I mean it is not my thesis afterall) but their inability to use "lose and loose," esp. coming from the "You misspelled something you must be a FReeper troll" goons, annoys me.

[/rant]

back to the topic on hand....

Myrina (1000+ posts) Sat Nov-29-08 02:43 PM
    15. To me, it has always been aimed at ...
    ... people with money and significant others on whom to spend it.

Having never had either, all the 'made for tv movies' and "buy your darling diamonds (or a Mercedes)" {aside: who the fuck gives someone a CAR for Christmas?!?} and "office gatherings" (bring your spouse!) always manage to undermine what little sense of self-worth I've managed to hold onto.

I'd guess I'm not alone.
    I guess she is lonely... maybe if she took a shower shaved her legs and pits.. and tried not screech, er preach, her liberal views at everyone she met, she may find a mate.
    Last edited by KCornett; 11-30-2008 at 04:08 AM. Reason: couple of typos
    "If you're going through Hell... Keep on going"-Rodney Atkins

These threads always remind me of the "honk if you love Jesus" movement :p

Of course, this is an easy way to get a cheesy thread at the top of the "Greatest" page

"and the incredible phoniness of many who act like that they when during the rest of the year they couldn't give a shit about anybody but themselves"
    Wait, wtf are you trying to say, DUmmie? Had you been huffing white- out before making that rambling comment or something?

"everyone paints on a plastic smile for one season a year."

I kind of get what this DUmmie is at least trying to say. However, I think Bill Murray in 'Scrooged' gave a better explanation of it when he said about Christmas something like, "For a couple days a year, we become the people we always hoped we would be."

That same poster's comment on the suicide rate exposes Froward as the repulsive, heartless animal that he is.

"To me, it has always been aimed at ...
    ... people with money and significant others on whom to spend it."
    Not necessarily. Advertisements can certainly be like that (And my dad and I would both agree with her assertion that it's rather stupid to get your significant other a car for Christmas), but anyone who's even familiar with 'A Christmas Carol' would know that even people who have nothing materially can still enjoy Christmas. Besides, there are Christmas toy drives in most cities designed around bringing a merrier Christmas to poor children.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Teh predictable stupidity of DUmp Christmas threads...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I love Christmas, but I don't like hearing the music in early November and late October. That is just too early.

I'll put my fake tree up next weekend.

Wait, I just had an idea for a good story that I or one of us can work on:
    In recent years, there have been many modernizations of "A Christmas Carol" ("Scrooged," "A Diva's Christmas Carol," etc.).
    How about "A DUmmy's Christmas Carol"?
    The Scrooge DUmmy (Froward69 would be a good candidate, based on his post here), leading up to the holidays, posts all kinds of hatred on DU about Christmas, and in his personal life, treats everyone who disagrees with him like crap. The Jacob Marley figure could be either a dead DUmmy (Maybe instead of being wrapped in chains, her or she could be wrapped in computer power cables, Internet connection wires, mouse cords, etc.) or a dead ultra- liberal icon (i.e. Che Guevara or Jerry Rubin), the three Spirits could be either politicians or prominent Internet blog hosts (Maybe the revolting Michael Crook could be the Ghost of Christmas Future) or something, and the DUmmy ultimately learns the true meaning of Christmas and love and tolerance for his fellow man.
    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by movie buff; 12-02-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Oddly enough, it's not really the serious Christians who are behind all this hoopla. If Christmas disappeared as a national holiday (and it might someday), people would still string up lights, play music, over-party, and try to impress each other with presents and family memory moments. That's just how people are.

The only thing that has changed is the amount of affluence people are willing to dedicate to those efforts.

If they can't stand Christmas... let them work on December 25th.

~QC

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    Wait, I just had an idea for a good story that I or one of us can work on:
    In recent years, there have been many modernizations of "A Christmas Carol" ("Scrooged," "A Diva's Christmas Carol," etc.).
    How about "A DUmmy's Christmas Carol"?
    The Scrooge DUmmy (Froward69 would be a good candidate, based on his post here), leading up to the holidays, posts all kinds of hatred on DU about Christmas, and in his personal life, treats everyone who disagrees with him like crap. The Jacob Marley figure could be either a dead DUmmy (Maybe instead of being wrapped in chains, her or she could be wrapped in computer power cables, Internet connection wires, mouse cords, etc.) or a dead ultra- liberal icon (i.e. Che Guevara or Jerry Rubin), the three Spirits could be either politicians or prominent Internet blog hosts (Maybe the revolting Michael Crook could be the Ghost of Christmas Future) or something, and the DUmmy ultimately learns the true meaning of Christmas and love and tolerance for his fellow man.
    What do you guys think?
    The ending is too unbelievable! I can buy Scrooge turning a new leaf, but DUmmies? I like the flourishes though especially the wires and mouse cords :D
    When the doctor is out, Im in.