Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 U.S. army deserter arrested at border 
    Sonnabend
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...594284#3594373

You may find this of interest.

Judi Lynn Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Nov-10-08 05:11 PM
    Original message
    U.S. army deserter arrested at border

Advertisements [?]
    Source: The Star

U.S. army deserter arrested at border
    Nov 10, 2008 04:59 PM

Adrian Morrow
    Staff Reporter

An American soldier wanted for deserting the army was arrested Saturday after he tried to enter Canada, failed, and then tried to get back into the United States.

Carlos Summer, 27, was trying to get through the U.S. border crossing at Buffalo, N.Y., when American officials discovered that he was wanted on a countrywide arrest warrant. He allegedly deserted his army unit at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, last spring.

According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, he said that he had tried unsuccessfully to cross into Canada earlier that day, intending to stay.

Summer is in police custody and faces extradition to South Carolina.
    The usual bile about soldiers then this
    Carlos Summers (2 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Nov-28-08 09:36 AM
    Response to Original message
    20. They spelled my name wrong, its Summers with s at the end

So, since I am the subject of the article, I get to rant. I blame nobody for negative input, I'm willing to die for your right to say it. I'm not willing to die to feed an oil addiction. I joined the Army in San Diego on August 08, 2001. I was 20. I read my contract and asked my recruiter about the part that says 5 years of inactive reserve after my 3 years that I was signing up for, he said "don't worry you won't have to come to work or anything, but anyway, you get a $20,000 enlistment bonus for airborne infantry, you going to buy a car? *cough* dumbass *cough*"

After 9-11, I didn't complain, I went to Afghanistan as an airborne infantryman (the epitome of combat arms) I served energetically believing in my cause. The Iraq invasion occurred while I was there. I went there too. I was then honorably discharged for serving the extent of my contract as an active soldier in August of 2004 over 4 years ago.

I was reactivated (not asked if I wanted to fight in an illegal war) a year later. I spent the next two years serving in Fort Bragg and educating myself about what is going on in the world. My unit came down on orders and I made my statement, love it or hate it, let a war supporter put boots on. I then tried to go to the most demographically diverse and most highly educated city in the world, Toronto. Where soldiers who have reached some enlightenment about the war escape to. I figured I had a place to be again. I just got out of jail. I feel I never committed a crime, I know that, because I never supported a war that I knew was wrong. I'm no Nazi.
    ..when does a man in custody get internet access to post on DU? Especially when registration takes 24 hrs?

Squatch Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Nov-28-08 02:48 PM
    Response to Reply #67
    70. The Pentagon doesn't stop loss

Stop loss is enacted at and by the unit when that unit is alerted prior to a mobilization. I, for one, wouldn't believe a fucking thing Mr. Summers has to say since he has already demonstrated a lack of moral fiber.
    Nice :D:D

Well well, read this

Carlos Summers (2 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Nov-30-08 01:53 AM
    Response to Original message
    97. Flattered so many responses I served the duration of my active duty and thus earned my benefits and bonus, and during which time I served in both Afghanistan and Iraq honorably and then received an honorable discharge. I was then reactivated from IRR a year later after I had already begun to forge ahead with my life. I never wanted to be in a war, I joined for college money, my first day of basic training was 9-11 and I didn't complain one bit. I drove on, I was the business end of bad politics. I got my discharge and I kept my mouth shut. Only damn way I'll ever go back to Iraq is if Bush is my assistant gunner.
    You signed up knowing full well what would be asked of you, and then you deserted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...594284#3594373
    You signed up knowing full well what would be asked of you, and then you deserted.
    I hope they throw this piece of shit in the Brig for a good long time. Don't give me a sob story about being brought back in from IRR; I made friends with an Army Staff Sergeant here recently who's 6 months from retirement and got extended out here right after he got his ass blown up by an IED and he's not complainin'. Not the recruiter's fault that you were too stupid to read the fine print and ask questions: any moron who thinks it's "4 years and out" with no further commitment deserves what he gets.

This is the type of turd that's supposed to wash out in Boot Camp, but somehow made it through. One thing that irks me to no end is a coward like this. Thanks for getting me all pissed off now Sonna! :mad:
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

There's no way that's really the guy in the article. Poser.

I agree with you Sonnabend, how does DU not know that there is no way this guy has access to a computer to chat on DU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    There's no way that's really the guy in the article. Poser.
    I agree; just another Moonbat play acting to impress the rest of the monkey house, again.

It seems that DU loves to live the world of make-believe.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Banned
    Carlos Summers was not Infantry or Airborne according to the DOD personell locator.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    I agree; just another Moonbat play acting to impress the rest of the monkey house, again.

It seems that DU loves to live the world of make-believe.
    Indeed.
    His story reads a great deal like the kind of B.S. "Conversion back story" (the "Bouncy tale"'s ugly cousin) threads that are pretty common on DU. I'd have to echo Sonnabend's comment that it's pretty unlikely that a recently- arrested draft dodger would even have access to the Internet, let alone be able to use that access to post on DU.
    Plus, it's funny that he's apparently made only those two posts. That definitely reeks of a pathetic DUmmie impersonating said draft- dodger.
    Consider it a sign of what losers most Dummies are, that they can't even pretend to be someone worthwhile who's made positive contributions to society, and instead stoop to impersonating vermin like Summers.

How awesome would it be to have Bush as an "assistant gunner"? He seems like a funny guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    How awesome would it be to have Bush as an "assistant gunner"? He seems like a funny guy.
    Airborne Infantry "The epitome of Combat Arms."

Wow, I know some rangers and SF types that may take exception to that. Also, some tankers, some leg infantry, some FA, what about the gunners in the turret of a gu truck.

This guy is a POS. At least there are two vets on the board calling a spade a spade.
    The rest of DU, well, remember they loved this dipshit too. Even when folks were telling them that his uniform, demeanor and everything was all wrong... they defended him... because he is admitting to warcrimes, it must be true.

I wish that I still had a link to that thread.
    "If you're going through Hell... Keep on going"-Rodney Atkins

Hey, Carlos...

OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana